🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gooey

Reaction score
My test results are:
Ammonia: just about nil
Nitrites: same
Nitrates: 17 ppm

This is cycled isn't it ?

sorry for being ignorant... what size is the tank, how many fish do you have, did u use water/gravel/filtermedia from an already established tank.

It took me 2 weeks to cycle a 36" with 6 platies with gravel and filter media.

William

Sorry I meant to post that.
10 Gallon tank (18 x 12 x 10)
Everything in the tank (including the tank) was bought new
and I used fresh tap water with a bit of dechlorinator in
it. There was 8 fish in it for two days (thanks to the pet
shop man), but after that there have only been 4 platties
in there.

Eeeerrr could be, It's a small tank and you had fish to help start it so it could all be over allready :what:

Add a couple of the fish in the check the results in a few days, if there fine add some more, do the same, again, again blablabla :music:

:sly: I wish my tank would have cycled in 8DAYS, it took mine over a month!!!

But its good now :D

My 40x15x18 cycled in 14 days from adding fish, but my new 10 gallon is in the process of maturing, added fish on sunday, and the NitrIte level has peaked and is now dropping, so it could be on course for just over a week - although I cheated a bit and added a couple of pints of water from the main tank... ;)

Did I forget to mention I had bought another tank - manged to persuade my wife easy because she didn't like the idea of the fry getting eaten ;) ;)

Brian your a cheat :laugh: That must be record time too get a new tank, especally when you got to convince the wife :thumbs:

Oh and I like your signature :laugh:

0K, Iaccept the cheating one, but I couldn't believe it when she suggested we get another tank, but who am I to argue :)

Got to confess, the signature isn't mine, I liked it so much I stole it ! :grin:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back