Is this normal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I was planning on keeping a pair of them and trying to maybe breed them
The blood parrot I have is temp. In a 28 gallon with some rams and corys... he is extremely shy and has done the same kind of gone up and nudged at the Cory's and then gone back to his hiding spot...him and the rams get along really well though as rams are not super active and kinda just sit there..
My PB almost never hides in the cave that is there. He is usually swimming up and down or goes along the sand and whenever he sees a Cory pass by he gets interest and doesn’t bite, since his mouth also isn’t for that, but just “nudges” them.

I have heard many different reviews. Someone who lives in Thailand says that there is a lot more info on them and that they only grow 3.5”. Others say he grows up to 10 like a King Kong Parrot...However, most people seem to agree that they have a mildly aggressive temperament. I know @PheonixKingZ said he has seen some at 7” but the YouTube videos I have seen and pictures in another forum they seem to be around the 3.5”
The biggest ones my LFS carries are around 7”. Most of the smaller ones (juvenile a suppose) are 3” - 5”

@HoldenOn - they have a “monster fish” tank there, super cool. They switch out stock when the fish there get sold. They carry tons of stuff. Arowanas, huge plecos, piranhas, etc.

@HoldenOn - they have a “monster fish” tank there, super cool. They switch out stock when the fish there get sold. They carry tons of stuff. Arowanas, huge plecos, piranhas, etc.
Frick that sounds sick. They have piranhas? Thats crazy, would love to see it. Coolest thing my LFS has is a convict LOL

I was planning on keeping a pair of them and trying to maybe breed them

My PB almost never hides in the cave that is there. He is usually swimming up and down or goes along the sand and whenever he sees a Cory pass by he gets interest and doesn’t bite, since his mouth also isn’t for that, but just “nudges” them.
Mine nudges as ...pretty sure its ok

Frick that sounds sick. They have piranhas? Thats crazy, would love to see it. Coolest thing my LFS has is a convict LOL
Here you go:
92E9FFE5-FAE8-44E3-A6F3-4122B700A550.jpeg

It really is a cool tank. (That was when they didn’t have the fish in question)

Here is the Albino piranha:
A577E3F0-1066-4EF5-A1C1-90AAE0C5E5DB.jpeg

(Pictures do no justice - it’s wayyy cool in real life. ;))

But @PheonixKingZ can you check if they have a blue pattern? Mine is a “juevenille” is what it says where I got them from and he is about 2” maybe even smaller

that they only grow 3.5”.
Most of what I've heard about them suggests that they stay that small, or at least smaller than 6 inches. Though I have heard that they should be less aggressive than convicts. On care guides you tend to hear that they are a parrot x convict cross, on forums I've heard that they don't have parrot in them. But are a short bodied convict x honduran red point cross.

Most of what I've heard about them suggests that they stay that small, or at least smaller than 6 inches. Though I have heard that they should be less aggressive than convicts. On care guides you tend to hear that they are a parrot x convict cross, on forums I've heard that they don't have parrot in them. But are a short bodied convict x honduran red point cross.
Could you keep one in a tank this size with corydora?

If it does indeed stay small like this, and doesn't act overly aggressive towards the Corydoras once they have gotten used to one another, I don't see why not. Corys can be quite curious and silly though, so I would keep my eye on them to make sure they don't get themselves into trouble. I've found that before long they should learn their place when kept with cichlids.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back