Is this necessary for my co2?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I bought stuff for a pressurized co2 system and I donā€™t know if I should order this. Is it necessary that I get a power head to disperse the co2 throughout the aquarium? Itā€™s a 29 gallon and I was thinking about getting a 160gph powerhead. Should I get 60 or 160 gph powerhead if so? This is what it would be:

Attachments

• 62B3BC5D-BBDF-458E-8582-D9123A828D93.jpeg
    62B3BC5D-BBDF-458E-8582-D9123A828D93.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 81
Image-1.pngHere is a trustworthy internal filter I recommend for you! Perfect and functions really well. Just make sure you don't have shrimp or tiny fish with this filter, or they might get sucked up by it! If you do have small fish and shrimp, a couple of sponge filters will be perfect! Your choice!

The thought behind the power head is to create circulation to circulate the co2 throughout the tank, the problem is the power head can also create surface turbulence that will decrease the available CO2. Depending on what fish you have slower swimming fish like tetras wont like the increased current. I found as long as the tank has enough circulation from one end to the other its fine without a power head.
Also what kind of diffuser are you using?

View attachment 102099Here is a trustworthy internal filter I recommend for you! Perfect and functions really well. Just make sure you don't have shrimp or tiny fish with this filter, or they might get sucked up by it! If you do have small fish and shrimp, a couple of sponge filters will be perfect! Your choice!
Ok. Iā€™ll look into a internal filter

The thought behind the power head is to create circulation to circulate the co2 throughout the tank, the problem is the power head can also create surface turbulence that will decrease the available CO2. Depending on what fish you have slower swimming fish like tetras wont like the increased current. I found as long as the tank has enough circulation from one end to the other its fine without a power head.
Ok so this wouldnā€™t work. Would an internal filter work as the other person suggested?

Some cheap one from amazon. Itā€™s glass

Some cheap one from amazon. Itā€™s glass
I find the glass ones to work well even the cheap ones.
The biggest complaint i have about the diffusers is algae growing on top of the disc that fits in the diffuser where the co2 is dissolved, the algae keeps the CO2 from coming out as effectively and i got tired scraping the algae off.

I find the glass ones to work well even the cheap ones.
The biggest complaint i have about the diffusers is algae growing on top of the disc that fits in the diffuser where the co2 is dissolved, the algae keeps the CO2 from coming out as effectively and i got tired scraping the algae off.
Yea. Itā€™s already there. How do I stop this?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back