Is this light so bright for my dwarf gourami,new to dwarf gourami hobby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HelloMankind

Reaction score
IMG_20220818_215346231.jpg
Will this light be so bright or make my dwarf gourami stressed if i kept this light on the entire night

Hello.
Well fish have natural "sleep" periods in the dark so there is no need for the light to be on, I always turn my light off in the night to create a "natural" day/night cycle.
And may I ask, what tank size is that?
Just out of curiosity.

Hello.
Well fish have natural "sleep" periods in the dark so there is no need for the light to be on, I always turn my light off in the night to create a "natural" day/night cycle.
And may I ask, what tank size is that?
Just out of curiosity.
60l tank dude and out of curiosity i am asking is this so bright that even if i left on for a night accidentally does it causes any problem

The fish expect a period of total black darkness; many areas of the tropics do not see moonlight due to the forest canopy. Fish like all animals need this period of rest. Since they cannot close their eyes, light is always there, and their cells are highly light sensitive too.

Leaving the light on permanently has often caused an outbreak of ich because it is stressful. Reason enough to have several hours of darkness including no ambient room light as well.

Ok 👍
Then I'd consider getting a pair, they are very social animals and like to live in small school's,
plus if you get a pair going then you could get fry 😉.

60l tank dude and out of curiosity i am asking is this so bright that even if i left on for a night accidentally does it causes any problem

A plug in timer for the lights will stop it being left on accidentally.
The other aspect to lighting is that fish need the light to be on at the same time of day every day and for the same length of time every day and a timer will allow this.

Additionally, the room should be in daylight or the room lights on for at least half an hour before the tank lights turn on and half an hour after they turn off. It is stressful for fish to go from darkness to bright light and bright light to darkness.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back