Is this guppy male or female?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

EllieC2020

Reaction score
IMG_20200927_181314.jpg
IMG_20200927_181340.jpg

I'm new to tropical fishkeeping! Recently added some guppies to my tank which I were told were male but I am starting to think the black one is female? Mainly because lack of colour, shorter tail and rounder body compared to the others.
Just wondered if anyone could clarify through the photos because if it is female. I think I might get some more so she's not the only one?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help :)

View attachment 117932View attachment 117933

I'm new to tropical fishkeeping! Recently added some guppies to my tank which I were told were male but I am starting to think the black one is female? Mainly because lack of colour, shorter tail and rounder body compared to the others.
Just wondered if anyone could clarify through the photos because if it is female. I think I might get some more so she's not the only one?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help :)
Your guppy is a male I’m pretty sure. The anal fin is more narrow and pointed on a male while more short and triangular on a female.

Oh is it the yellow one? that one is a platy fish who i was told is female
With livebearers you can tell by the anal fins, the male has a gonopodium and the female has a more "normal" looking fin.
You'll soon see which ones are males, they'll be chasing the females and thrashing their "thing" around like rabbits on heat :lol::lol::lol:

I use this internet pic as a guide. Plus all my females being pregnant

Attachments

• 892a9229d51fcab160687cad9f9e7990.jpg
    892a9229d51fcab160687cad9f9e7990.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 95

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back