Is this fry an oto or pleco?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

anewbie

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I found this fry in my tank today - approx 3/4 inch long so not exactly new-born. I figure it is either a lemon blue eye bn or oto - though i suppose it could be some weird mutated guppy....

o1.jpgo2.jpg

Oh well that sucks. Thanks all. Hope there aren't too many but with my luck there are 1000's. This is the tank and as you can see about 60% of the tank is 'invisible'....

40b.jpg

Oh well that sucks. Thanks all. Hope there aren't too many but with my luck there are 1000's. This is the tank and as you can see about 60% of the tank is 'invisible'....

View attachment 140718
You'll have a game finding them if there is a few in there ;) my friends is the same and his plants grow out the top and are flowering at the moment.
You've got some snails though.

You'll have a game finding them if there is a few in there ;) my friends is the same and his plants grow out the top and are flowering at the moment.
You've got some snails though.
Yea been slowly feeding the snails to the clown loaches (in another tank). Well i do have a young male/female lemon blue eye in there and they did recently dig a hole under a piece of drift wood. I already have a snail headache; now all i need is a pleco headache. On the other hand i would love it if i could get some baby otos... much lower bio-load....

Yea been slowly feeding the snails to the clown loaches (in another tank). Well i do have a young male/female lemon blue eye in there and they did recently dig a hole under a piece of drift wood. I already have a snail headache; now all i need is a pleco headache. On the other hand i would love it if i could get some baby otos... much lower bio-load....
Well it keeps the snails down for you at least. Pleco's and cory's i love my friend over the net as just breed gold pleco's and got 30-40 young and they are doing well.
I find them brilliant cleaners.

Yea the story - i buy cichild to eat frys and loaches to eat snails and in the end i end up with too many snails and frys and fat loaches and cichilds.... just can't win.... oh well at least i ended up with a pretty guppy.

Yea the story - i buy cichild to eat frys and loaches to eat snails and in the end i end up with too many snails and frys and fat loaches and cichilds.... just can't win.... oh well at least i ended up with a pretty guppy.
It's like your on a losing battle ;) my last otto [Harold} died about a month back. i'll never go down that road again or with panda cory's. I've got 6 nice guppies in my tank but i do love harlequins.
This was my most loved pleco but he got to 3" and started getting aggressive with my corys.

It's like your on a losing battle ;) my last otto [Harold} died about a month back. i'll never go down that road again or with panda cory's. I've got 6 nice guppies in my tank but i do love harlequins.
This was my most loved pleco but he got to 3" and started getting aggressive with my corys.

i have 9 oto; and 0 have died in 18 months.... so they seem stable... why did you give up on oto? I have 2 lemon bn in the tank and they seem to get along with my orange laser cory and pygmy cory - well no one really knows what happens at night and a plant with the coverage that mine has one can never be certain. In another tank my lemon bn is passive aggressive torwards a large clown loach that frequently naps in 'his' cave. The clown is like 3 times more massive so the bn spends all day batting his tail against the clown trying to annoy him into leaveing.
--
The only time i've seen a bn get aggressive in the open is if it is under fed and hungry.
-
When I first got my clown loaches they were very skinny and very aggressive towards any fish once they started eating. Now that they are fat and lazy they are not aggressive when eating (yea I saw a tiny 2 inch clown loach really go after another loach that tried to snatch his food). I think most fishes (no matter how passive) get aggressive when hungry.

i have 9 oto; and 0 have died in 18 months.... so they seem stable... why did you give up on oto? I have 2 lemon bn in the tank and they seem to get along with my orange laser cory and pygmy cory - well no one really knows what happens at night and a plant with the coverage that mine has one can never be certain. In another tank my lemon bn is passive aggressive torwards a large clown loach that frequently naps in 'his' cave. The clown is like 3 times more massive so the bn spends all day batting his tail against the clown trying to annoy him into leaveing.
--
The only time i've seen a bn get aggressive in the open is if it is under fed and hungry.
-
When I first got my clown loaches they were very skinny and very aggressive towards any fish once they started eating. Now that they are fat and lazy they are not aggressive when eating (yea I saw a tiny 2 inch clown loach really go after another loach that tried to snatch his food). I think most fishes (no matter how passive) get aggressive when hungry.
You've done lucky with your otto's i brought 6 on 2 different occasions from the same place and only the one survived the same with the panda's brought 6 each time and i only have 2, that's why i won't touch them again both breeds.
I love the lasers they're beautiful.:wub:
They can get aggressive like you say but i have a peaceful tank and when i've had pleco's in the past when they reach 3" i take them to our local shop as he's got a new quarantine bay set up, takes in unwanted fish and once finished quarantine sells them but i've come across another place where he said in future i'll take them off you regarding cory fry and give you credit for fish from here.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back