Is this dropsy?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

helena.lovesbettas

Reaction score
I quite literally got this fish YESTERDAY. Sheā€™s extremely active but she seems like she may have dropsy. Either that or sheā€™s just over weight. Can you guys give me some insight? Sheā€™s not pineconing or anything so iā€™m just a little concerned.
DC379088-D1FE-4F7F-BE95-61493EF97628.jpeg

The fish does look bloated, I would skip feeding for 2 days and watch for improvement. I've noticed every betta I bought from petsmart always needed to be fasted once i bring it home, I think the employees sympathize and overfeed them locally

The fish does look bloated, I would skip feeding for 2 days and watch for improvement. I've noticed every betta I bought from petsmart always needed to be fasted once i bring it home, I think the employees sympathize and overfeed them locally
I think so too haha. Otherwise she looks healthy though right? Iā€™m kind of a newb to taking care of these guys I just want to make sure. Thank you for the help! My male betta was super bloated when I got him too lol iā€™m not surprised if they do over feed them a bit.

I think so too haha. Otherwise she looks healthy though right? Iā€™m kind of a newb to taking care of these guys I just want to make sure. Thank you for the help! My male betta was super bloated when I got him too lol iā€™m not surprised if they do over feed them a bit.
Yes I think so, the darker colors that may have initially had you worried could just be her coloring. Any symptoms besides being round?

Yes I think so, the darker colors that may have initially had you worried could just be her coloring. Any symptoms besides being round?
Not at all, sheā€™s super active and seems very happy. I think I just panicked because iā€™m scared of having a fish get sick because of me. Iā€™m gonna fast her for a day or two and if it doesnā€™t seem to get better iā€™ll do some investigating

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back