Is this a good stocking list for my planted 10 gallon?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TylerAquatics

Reaction score
I asked a question a couple nights ago on the planted chit chat part of the site about my plants and everyone was very helpful so I wanted to check with everyone about my stocking list for it. I already have three mystery snails in there, and plan to get three scarlet badis, and eleven ember tetras. According to AqAdvisor, the stocking level is 88%. Is that good? Will everyone in the tank have enough room and will the embers be able to school? I'll attach my tank and the AqAdvisor report to this thread. Sorry if the pic of my tank is hard to see, lighting a bit weird and I don't have a good camera.
Thank you all

Attachments

• 20210918_133858[1].jpg
    20210918_133858[1].jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 65
  • AquStockImage.php.png
    AquStockImage.php.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 72
i dont think there can be 11 tetras in a 10 gallon...
that seems a little off...
also u have the substrate the plants and a lot of other things that will make it less than 10.4usg

10 gallon tank are usually not suitable for most tetras.

The website where it says 88% stocked. Those types of websites are very rarely any good as does not take into account so many variable, never to be trusted imho.

Ember tetra are nano, they are less than 2cm, and seriously fish suggests 18 inch tank, so 10 gallons is fine unless its a square one.
You could probably fit several more of these if you wanted to, quite a lot more if you are prepared to risk ignoring the stocking rules guidelines.

i dont think there can be 11 tetras in a 10 gallon...
that seems a little off...
also u have the substrate the plants and a lot of other things that will make it less than 10.4usg
For me when working out stocking just stick to the capacity of the tank rather than subtract the substrate and rocks etc. Its why inch per gallon is a guide rather than solid rules.

In terms of this number of fish I think it would be good none of them reach an inch and the Embers will appreciate the big numbers - you might find when you go to buy the tetras it would be better to get 12 as you often get deals and an extra one wont make a huge difference here.

Wills

For me when working out stocking just stick to the capacity of the tank rather than subtract the substrate and rocks etc. Its why inch per gallon is a guide rather than solid rules.

In terms of this number of fish I think it would be good none of them reach an inch and the Embers will appreciate the big numbers - you might find when you go to buy the tetras it would be better to get 12 as you often get deals and an extra one wont make a huge difference here.

Wills
oh ok i thought all tetras were 1+ inch

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back