Is there such a thing as too many snails?

I currently have 12 bladder snails 3 unknown snails and i am thinking about assassin snails. Of course that is not your idea. However you could sell your snails. If you have enough then they could keep reproducing while you remove them. Or are there too many?
Where would we sell them? Like Ebay or somewhere?

There are quite a few sellers listing MTS on eBay :)

I know they are only snails and are classed as pests generally, but I still feel so bad about having to do this :( Needs must I suppose!
Malaysian livebearing snails (Malaysian trumpet snails) are an introduced pest into most countries around the world. Killing any that are in you tank will not affect their worldwide domination plans at all.

Malaysian livebearing snails (Malaysian trumpet snails) are an introduced pest into most countries around the world. Killing any that are in you tank will not affect their worldwide domination plans at all.
That makes me feel slightly better I guess :unsure: thanks (I think lol)

I think selling them is just going to be too much hassle for hardly any return at the end of the day so the methods advised will be put into prcatice this weekend......eeeeek!!

If you would rather not feel the squishing under your fingers, you can always use an old spatula or similar. Just make sure its not a metal one or you might scratch the glass. Best ones to use are silicone, nice and soft but very effective in Snailitis treatments.

I still chuckle at Snailitis! TBH I think we are going to go with the "fish them out and squish on mass" approach, so I'll do the fishing out, OH can do the squishing bit :D

I still chuckle at Snailitis! TBH I think we are going to go with the "fish them out and squish on mass" approach, so I'll do the fishing out, OH can do the squishing bit :D
Marigolds help too...especially in the fishing out part....marigolds and a spatula....and you'll be fine :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back