Is there room for more in 180lt tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cammo96

Reaction score
I currently have a 180lt 4ft tank with a 1250 lt cannister filter. Its got a few plants, a betta 2 bristlenoses 5 black neon tetras 4 Cory's and 4 swords I was hoping to add a few more fish hopefully a pair of blue rams and a clown loach I know clown loach get big and you need a school of them but my fish shop dude said 1 or 2 would be fine. Any suggestions on other fish I could possibly add thanks

Attachments

• 15989307072092578990550979597610.jpg
    15989307072092578990550979597610.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 86
No Clown Loaches please. Six or Eight foot tanks minimum for em. LFS is trying to make money out of cruelty through you like my LFS did through me back in the late 90s. There wasn’t the info around about CLs back then is my excuse. Don’t do it mate.

The problem I see is the rams would be great size for the tank but they need a lot warmer water than the corys and even the Betta the clown loach also likes warmer water but can be kept in a broad range problem is having a full grown pair or trio would take a lot of space

cool out for the cl they look so cool. My tank is at 25/26 degrees is that not warm enough

Both fish 25-30c is the recommendation which is broad please tell me if I’m wrong but I’m sure they need the higher end to be comfortable

Up your schools of neons and cories - same species. Instead of clown loaches what about dwarf chain or zebras? Group of 5-8 would be nice and in bigger numbers they will shoal all over the tank. Please don’t get the clowns though as someone said the shop is using you to grow it out for them to sell on later.

Please ignore everything the shop says. Most of them haven't a clue.

Besides the tank being too small, clown loaches are highly social fish which must be kept in groups of at least 6; keeping one or two of them is detrimental to their health. This also applies to most loach species so if you opt for a different loach, they too need to be kept in groups.

Instead of rams you could look at Bolivian rams who do not need the same high temps as rams. Please bear in mind that you can't get just any male and any female though as these fish must choose their own mates. If they are not a bonded pair there is a good chance that one of them will end up dead.

Most reactions

trending

Back