Is there anything better than new fish day?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

foxgirl158

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Merry early Christmas to me!
My mom took me to my LFS today, let me pick out two fish and two snails, and she paid for them as an early Christmas present :wub: she’s awesome!
All my platies have a Disney/Pixar name theme, along with the two new snails, so without further ado I present:
Tula: white calico redtail, named after Moana’s grandma from the movie Moana.
D8A424A6-936F-4DA3-AC88-5911AF1694EA.jpeg

Jazz: Bumblebee, named after Jasmine from the movie Aladdin
0D3A128D-0E1D-4918-8FC8-7DD371E99BBA.jpeg

Felix: tiger nerite, named after Fix-it Felix from the movie Wreck it Ralph
B58530B9-4ED0-4D8C-96AB-FCB79B677BEB.jpeg
Cal: zebra nerite, named after Sgt. Calhoun from the movie Wreck it Ralph
AC05E7AB-AB22-40B2-AA49-31085664301B.jpeg

In main tank: Baloo and Merida, along with a goldfish called Pez and a black racer nerite called Whiplash. All new arrivals seem relatively healthy and active, except for the fact that Tula has a clamped upper fin. I’ll keep an eye on her to see if it goes away. The new guys will stay in the 10g quarantine tank for at least a month to make sure they’re healthy.
Pretty sure both girls are pregnant, as they are both big and boxy and I think I see a gravid spot.
I’m so excited!
(Edited to change Tala to Tula, my bad!)

Last edited:
Please excuse the garish fluorescent substrate, that’s what I get for buying a secondhand tank and having my mom pick up gravel without me there, lol.

Merry early Christmas to me!
My mom took me to my LFS today, let me pick out two fish and two snails, and she paid for them as an early Christmas present :wub: she’s awesome!
All my platies have a Disney/Pixar name theme, along with the two new snails, so without further ado I present:
Tula: white calico redtail, named after Moana’s grandma from the movie Moana.
View attachment 148683

Jazz: Bumblebee, named after Jasmine from the movie Aladdin
View attachment 148684

Felix: tiger nerite, named after Fix-it Felix from the movie Wreck it Ralph
View attachment 148688
Cal: zebra nerite, named after Sgt. Calhoun from the movie Wreck it Ralph
View attachment 148689

In main tank: Baloo and Merida, along with a goldfish called Pez and a black racer nerite called Whiplash. All new arrivals seem relatively healthy and active, except for the fact that Tula has a clamped upper fin. I’ll keep an eye on her to see if it goes away. The new guys will stay in the 10g quarantine tank for at least a month to make sure they’re healthy.
Pretty sure both girls are pregnant, as they are both big and boxy and I think I see a gravid spot.
I’m so excited!
(Edited to change Tala to Tula, my bad!)
Your new babies are adorable. Congratulations!

Update:
Tula had babies! 😍
I was able to find and collect in a small cup 8 alive babies. Unfortunately two died in the cup. The 8 (6 alive, 2 dead) are now in a breeder box in the tank. I hope I can keep them alive! Can someone tell me what to do next?
IMG_20211126_095624.jpg
IMG_20211126_095653.jpg

Update:
Tula had babies! 😍
I was able to find and collect in a small cup 8 alive babies. Unfortunately two died in the cup. The 8 (6 alive, 2 dead) are now in a breeder box in the tank. I hope I can keep them alive! Can someone tell me what to do next?
View attachment 148762 View attachment 148763
Try to mash up flake food into fine dust. If possible give her the stuff that you're supposed to give baby fish(idk never gave my baby guppies that it was too expensive). Then, when they're big enough, let them into the main tank.

More babies!
Jazz had her babies today too! I managed to rescue 10 because I was awake and around when she started dropping. They have colors like their mama!
(special thanks to my mom and dad who sat with me and helped keep the adults away from the babies I was trying to catch for over two hours this morning and over two hours tonight!)

IMG_20211126_203114.jpg

If you have floating plants like Water Sprite (Ceratopteirs thalictroides/ cornuta) in the tank, the babies can hide among the plants and you can scoop them out of the plants with a 2 litre icecream bucket.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back