Is there a title above ‘fish guru’

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, but this isn’t a professional sport. It’s a fish forum. :rofl:

No but it both professional sports and fishkeeping have groups of people who are very good in that retrospective skill and hence such should be rewarded. I doubt very much that @Colin_T actually cares about being rewarded but I believe people who are in the top percent of what they do, regardless what it is, should be rewarded

I still think that @Colin_T is some sort of AI program. Seems to me that Colin ( or whatever its name is) is a hybrid of Crocodile Dundee , Steve Zissou , Jacques Cousteau , Marlin Perkins , Jeremy Wade and Sir David Attenborough . Just too fantastic to be a real guy. Besides all that everybody knows that Australia is a prison colony and the warden would never let him contact the outside world.

Last edited:
I just think it would be nice to reward those members that go above and beyond? @Colin_T for example goes above and beyond and should be clearly recognised for doing so.

I understand that fish guru is difficult to get in itself but still
Yeah, like: "obviously still lives in attic or basement" 😂😂

some members have high post counts because they are participants in all 3 word games and all other opinion type threads...high post count does not necessarily mean they know anything about fish :lol:

some members have high post counts because they are participants in all 3 word games and all other opinion type threads...high post count does not necessarily mean they know anything about fish :lol:

Well yes, but you would have to play a lot of word games to be a fish guru haha

For a guy who grew up with older hippies around doing hippy things, I don't really want to ever be a 'guru". If I ever log on and see that one beside my name (Guru E?), it'll be time to get a new account and start all over again!
I can't grow my hair long because I don't have any, and trying to sit in a guru position would produce popping joint sounds I don't want to hear. I know I'm safe for about 20,000 more posts, but.
@Byron and @Colin_T are amazing and do deserve respect from all of us for what they contribute.
Maybe someday I'll be here and become a Gnu. I like Gnus.

1655162222587.png

That would make me a gnat ( apologies animal crackers)

I did not think posts made in the general area counted towards the member post counts?

(I know that you can turn general posts off from individual counts via admin control panel....done to encourage more "on forum topic" posts otherwise you get loads of members all playing games and only occasionally posting about the subject of the forum)

There are members here who know very little but just post a bunch of stuff and climb up the scale (if that is what it is). If you hang around long enough, you know who they are and just take what they say with a grain of salt.

Reactions: imw

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back