Is the python actually worth it?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I would imagine it varies with the medium, correct?

Air, water, different solid masses, etc....
Absolutely.

Air is a poor conductor of heat (this is why clothing etc keeps us warm). Water is better, which is why you can get hypothermia is relatively warm water (but below body temp). Metals usually are very good heat conductors - Silver, Copper, Steel, Cast Iron (High to low conductivity), Cast Iron is relatively poor which is why it takes so long to heat up evenly. Vacuum conductivity is zero, which is why a Thermos keeps things hot or cold so well.

Absolutely.

Air is a poor conductor of heat (this is why clothing etc keeps us warm). Water is better, which is why you can get hypothermia is relatively warm water (but below body temp). Metals usually are very good heat conductors - Silver, Copper, Steel, Cast Iron (High to low conductivity), Cast Iron is relatively poor which is why it takes so long to heat up evenly. Vacuum conductivity is zero, which is why a Thermos keeps things hot or cold so well.
Great info, thanks

@connorlindeman , sorry for the tangent...I hope you get many years of good use out of the (lengthy) Python ^_^

My python has been in use for 9 years now. The only part I replaced was the hose as it was pretty gunked up with algae. You can buy 100 ft spool at the big box stores for a reasonable price.

My python has been in use for 9 years now. The only part I replaced was the hose as it was pretty gunked up with algae. You can buy 100 ft spool at the big box stores for a reasonable price.
Pour bleach down the hose and let it soak for 30 minutes, then flush it out with water. Or spray water and air down the hose to flush it out.

Pour bleach down the hose and let it soak for 30 minutes, then flush it out with water. Or spray water and air down the hose to flush it out.
Ehhh... That seems risky on something porus

The ones that come with the Pythons are semi-soft, and are pretty flexible...no idea what they are made of, though...almost like a thick neoprene
Yah, those are 100% porous

Uh, no, Colin is correct.
You can get porous hose for soak watering, but standard garden hose is not porous.
Ohhhh a garden hose... Well then yah, not porous

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back