Is the python actually worth it?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

connorlindeman

Addicted to aquatic plants
Reaction score
Wc's on my 40g breeder are a bit of a nightmare using buckets. Its on my dresser so I have to get on a chair and lift the 5g bucket full of water to pour it in. (roughly 45lbs) The water always ends of going in too fast and kicks up the sand.

On amazon the python just went down $10 for the 25ft version. Its about 40 bucks.

Do you guys think its worth it? Are the cheaper brands worth it? HAve any of you used it and if so whats your experience?

Wc's on my 40g breeder are a bit of a nightmare using buckets. Its on my dresser so I have to get on a chair and lift the 5g bucket full of water to pour it in. (roughly 45lbs) The water always ends of going in too fast and kicks up the sand.

On amazon the python just went down $10 for the 25ft version. Its about 40 bucks.

Do you guys think its worth it? Are the cheaper brands worth it? HAve any of you used it and if so whats your experience?
I've heard it's the best thing to get if your tired of laughing around buckets... I have never heard a complaint really. Only good things.

I've heard it's the best thing to get if your tired of laughing around buckets... I have never heard a complaint really. Only good things.
Oops... My phone turned lugging into laughing... sorry

My python was the fishkeeping equivalent of discovering gingerbread. It's amazingly useful. I drain into a sump pump hose into a drain for speed and water saving, but for filling tanks, my python saves me a lot of trouble.
I bought an Aqueon but it was very low quality. Until recently, they were an excellent cheaper alternative.

My first python hose leaked after I think 19 years. That's been the only weakness. They don't make stuff like they used to.

My python was the fishkeeping equivalent of discovering gingerbread. It's amazingly useful. I drain into a sump pump hose into a drain for speed and water saving, but for filling tanks, my python saves me a lot of trouble.
I bought an Aqueon but it was very low quality. Until recently, they were an excellent cheaper alternative.

My first python hose leaked after I think 19 years. That's been the only weakness. They don't make stuff like they used to.
Wow.Intersting

I guess my python is basically a quality (very high quality) hose. I still use gravity to drain, as the faucet attachment is wasteful. If I didn't have a low drain, I would use the attachment quite happily. The same is true if I had one or two tanks instead of my fishroom. Unrolling a hose is so much easier than hauling 40 pound buckets to a sink. Eventually, my body will start complaining about such chores.

You can gravity drain with the python hose, but it is a narrow diameter and only empties so fast. I attached a quick release garden hose assembly from the hardware store to the hose, start the flow, release the attachment and the water flows out the drain. I re-attach and run it. A food grade hose would probably do the same.

The Aqueon I bought sight unseen online has a smaller diameter hose made of more rigid material - it's slow and almost guaranteed to leak in a few years.

I give myself 2 hours to do 50 tanks. With buckets, I can't imagine how long it would take.

Absolutely love mine!
Not much else helpful to say though, sorry!
Could do with getting the hook attachment though :)
I think its a ripoff that you have to buy it separately... And for $20 extra! So much for just a plastic hook... They should either lower the price or include it with the hose itself

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back