Is The Fx5 Worth The Money...?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
well i have had mine, around 6 months but then again i did buy it off ebay and i forgot to ask how old it is.
ok, cheers mate :good:

when you say its noisey is it bad?

after a quick pushing around i seem to have reduced the humming quite significantly. this issue is the piping, make sure when you set it up that none of the piping is pushed against anything as this caused mine to hum like a humming bird.
ok mate ill bare that in mind when installing it :good:

how do you get on with the inlet jets instead of the spraybar?

Personally, I prefer to hardline my FX5's using pvc. And making a reduced ID spraybar to help circulate water.

if i could be bothered i would do that! i would say get some 3/4 (it looks 3/4 i may be wrong tho) inch clear pipe to replace the fluval piping. but i do find the outlet thing jet pretty good, the only thing is, if you have your outlet in a corner you have one jet pointing down the tank but the other pretty much just blasts water forwards into the front pane of glass. so if you could make a spray bar may be better.

indeed. 3/4" pvc will slide directly into the stock ribbed hose of the fx5. from there all you need is an elbow and an end cap, and you can make yourself a nice spraybar.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back