Is something wrong with my betta fish??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

maddi7777

Reaction score
Hello forum,
I was just wondering if what has happened to my betta fish is normal. I understand they can marble over time, but Iā€™m worried about his size. I got him in July (the white picture of him) and heā€™s now much slimmer and even his head and body looks smaller (the metallic picture of him). Is this ok? BCAFE42F-34F7-4D1A-A661-56B5B8B6BDD4.pngFBDEBEF6-D016-4567-A961-036A2F8F34E6.jpeg

Is he eating enough?
Yes I think so. I feed him usually once a day but he tends to get bloated so I donā€™t feed him for a couple days here and there. But he is also recovering from swim bladder at the moment, and ironically, the old picture of him he was recovering from swim bladder then as well. So Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on.

Hmm. That is the only thing I know of. Wait for other people to respond though as most of them are much more experienced than me.

What are the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH levels in the tank?

What do you feed him?
He should get a variety of frozen (but defrosted), live and dry foods.

Frozen foods can be things like raw or cooked prawn/ shrimp, fish, squid, brineshrimp, daphnia, bloodworms, etc.

Live foods can include small insects that haven't been contaminated with chemicals. Aphids, small flies, mozzies, mozzie larvae, weevil larvae, ant eggs, etc. As long as the insect is small and not poisonous, and is free of chemicals, you can feed them most insects. Live foods can also include things like live brineshrimp, daphnia, micro or grindal worms.

Heā€™s probably getting old. Bettas shape change as they age. Does he have heat? Fish usually loose shape when kept in cold water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back