Is some Java moss or crystalwort easier?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Zephyrski

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been searching for some Java moss for awhile and no stores near me have it, but my closet one can get crystalwort. So which would be easier to have in a Betta tank?

My tank is heated and has movement(sponge filter) plus two Java ferns.

Hi all. I've been searching for some Java moss for awhile and no stores near me have it, but my closet one can get crystalwort. So which would be easier to have in a Betta tank?

My tank is heated and has movement(sponge filter) plus two Java ferns.
java moss is really easy, that's all i know ii never heard of crystal wort
just searched it up!
funny looking little one, seems to be very easy to care

java moss is really easy, that's all i know ii never heard of crystal wort
just searched it up!
funny looking little one, seems to be very easy to care
Today was actually the first I've heard of it too, perhaps I'll do some research on it

I'd probably say Java Moss, Crystalwort is also known as Riccia which is a floating plant really but you can use things to tie it down and have it grow that way. But Java Moss you can stick down pretty easily and as it grows it will cling to surfaces better.

Wills

Try both and see which grows better. Then post results here for others to use the info :)
I actually found Java moss today, and added that on in. Maybe I'll try out the wort at a later point, that's a good idea 🤔

I'd probably say Java Moss, Crystalwort is also known as Riccia which is a floating plant really but you can use things to tie it down and have it grow that way. But Java Moss you can stick down pretty easily and as it grows it will cling to surfaces better.

Wills
Ah good to know. Hopefully it'll attach pretty quickly

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back