Is my tank overstocked?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Cloudeia

Reaction score
Hi! I have a ten gallon tank, and Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s overstocked. I have a really good filter and all my fish seem happy and healthy, but I do have quite a few. I have
3 cories
4 adult guppies
7 young guppies(around 3-4months)
3 juveniles
And 3 fry

The mature (adult) guppies and the cories are all you can handle, and the fry will add more to the load. The cories should have a couple more, though I am hesitant to suggest it here. But they should always be in groups of at least five, more being preferable as they are very social and few can be stressful.

The mature (adult) guppies and the cories are all you can handle, and the fry will add more to the load. The cories should have a couple more, though I am hesitant to suggest it here. But they should always be in groups of at least five, more being preferable as they are very social and few can be stressful.

My oldest cory was alone for a while and I felt really bad but couldnā€™t afford to get him more friends(I got another one with him but he died around a month later, unknown cause). Heā€™s a peppered cory, and I got two emerald bronze cories for him. Iā€™m thinking of selling my guppies on kijiji or something, getting a two more peppered cories and one more green bronze so thereā€™s three of each kind and then getting a Betta as a show fish, would the Betta harm the cories?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back