Is my tank cycled??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Hokieokieamy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey! So Iā€™ve had a long journey of cycling my tank but now the ammonia keeps reading 0.25 ppm and 0 nitrate after many additions of ammonia and waiting 24 hrs. Is it possible my kit is just hard to distinguish between 0.25 and 0? Itā€™s the API test kit which I heard can be misleading at the low levels of ammonia. On a side note, I tested my established tank and itā€™s reading the same thing. So am I ready?! Hereā€™s a picture of the test tubes. The one on the right is for my established tank and the ones on the left is for my new tank.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 153464B6-E6A6-4AA3-A20D-DC8060B1EC49.jpeg
    153464B6-E6A6-4AA3-A20D-DC8060B1EC49.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 118
It is very hard to tell from a photo. You ph looks to be around 7.2, which is OK. Just from the picture, it looks to be that your tank is cycled. Iā€™m not 100% sure though, just because itā€™s a photo.

It is very hard to tell from a photo. You ph looks to be around 7.2, which is OK. Just from the picture, it looks to be that your tank is cycled. Iā€™m not 100% sure though, just because itā€™s a photo.
Thatā€™s my nitrite, not pH, haha sorry I should have specified that. Yeah my picture isnā€™t of the best quality but in person, the two test tubes look the same color and Not that bright yellow color like itā€™s supposed to be - but like I said, I think it might be a manufacturer flaw?

Itā€™s very unlikely itā€™s the manufactures fault. Do you have any friends with a API master test kit? If you did, you could use theirs to compare.

Oh...I though that was your ph, my bad. Then itā€™s good. It looks like a big fat 0 to me. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back