Is my platy pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishguy13

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I can normally tell if they are pregnant or not but not 100% sure about this one sorry for the bad photo.

Attachments

• 20200621_191838.jpg
    20200621_191838.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
Sorry here is a pic finally but not a very good one. This is the other platy that i am not sure if it is a male or not.

Attachments

• 20200628_194651.jpg
    20200628_194651.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Sorry here is a pic finally but not a very good one. This is the other platy that i am not sure if it is a male or not.
That's a female. Female livebearers have triangular anal fins where males have long, stick like fin called gonopodium which is used to fertilise females.

Yes I thought it was a female. I did also have an old male with them for about a month but it does of old age. The reason I was questioning if that be was a female or not was because it was chasing the other one and acting like a male.

Yes I thought it was a female. I did also have an old male with them for about a month but it does of old age. The reason I was questioning if that be was a female or not was because it was chasing the other one and acting like a male.
Hey could have been fighting.

H ere is another pic of the first one. Could of it got pregnant from the first one it was only with it for about a month?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back