Is my platy pregnant? 1 pic of her when i got her and the other from today.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Leanne2306

Reaction score
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0884.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure if pregnant but thought I would just say, she is a nice looking platy.

I bought 3 females a couple weeks ago, thought 2 were preg, 1 has lost her gravid spot while the other has got much bigger. Just waiting and watching ?20210306_144210.jpg

20210318_194313.jpg

1st pic is 2 weeks ago, 2nd one is a couple days ago

Not sure if pregnant but thought I would just say, she is a nice looking platy.

I bought 3 females a couple weeks ago, thought 2 were preg, 1 has lost her gravid spot while the other has got much bigger. Just waiting and watching ?View attachment 132386

View attachment 132385

1st pic is 2 weeks ago, 2nd one is a couple days ago
Thank you, she is very pretty ? just a waiting game now! Hopefully we both have small fry very soon ?

Hard to tell in pic because of other fish but she looks squared off so should be any time. Donā€™t use a birthing box. It could stress her out and affect labor. I would put her in the birthing tank with plenty of plants for fry to hide in. Then get her out ASAP. I always let nature take its course and remove the fry from main tank. Itā€™s what you feel comfortable with and how much time you have to watch her. If you canā€™t be around, then the birthing box may be necessary. Keep us posted! :)

Hard to tell in pic because of other fish but she looks squared off so should be any time. Donā€™t use a birthing box. It could stress her out and affect labor. I would put her in the birthing tank with plenty of plants for fry to hide in. Then get her out ASAP. I always let nature take its course and remove the fry from main tank. Itā€™s what you feel comfortable with and how much time you have to watch her. If you canā€™t be around, then the birthing box may be necessary. Keep us posted! :)

OK I shall just pop her in the birthing tank with some plants and things they can hide in. Thank you for the advice ?

Most reactions

trending

Back