Is My Plant Dying?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

razer121

THE Triop Man XD
Reaction score
I've been having alot of trouble with both of these since moving to the larger 200L tank...now i know the tank is fully cycled, water flow as far as im aware is perfectly fine, water states are not off at all (API test kit shows good solid readings) yet these to 4 year old plants seem to be struggling to grow! they were really nice at first, even in the old tank, but then i noticed they started to ...well just die! other plants in the tank look fine, bit of brown on old leafs but that is about it, may i point out that the two bad condition plants are growing new leafs.....but as you can see even the new leafs are dying! am i missing somthing? they get a good 8 hours light a day (sometimes more depends on my shifts at work) Fish in tank get feed once a day apart from wednesday when they get feed twice.

IMG_9300.jpg

IMG_9301.jpg

So thoughts, ideas?

""edit""
Also my t-bars have started to eat the dead leafs! odd i've never seen it before?

*Some* die-back is common when moving plants between aquariums.

Look at the difference, this was just one of them a year ago (housed a dwarf puffy)

DSCF1393.jpg

Now if you look at it, the thing doesn't look anything like it use to :( the plant is dying, and i've got to be honest im wondering if it is the end of the plants life, no matter what i do it will not repair itself! i'm not even sure what it is TBH

Most reactions

trending

Back