Is My Palm Dead From Frost?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I left a palm I have the exact name I;m unaware of. Its a lovely plant so will be sad if it is dead

I left it a night too long in the frost a few weeks back. The colour of the leaves is fading dramatically as they used to be a lush green colour

heres a pic
012-42.jpg

Hi Simon is it a phenix canariences sorry dont know common name if so ill give you some info fella

regards :)

I don't know if it's the frost that did it in, but from what I can see it definitely looks like its in the process of dying. If the base/trunk is OK it might grow new leaves later, but the ones that are yellow already probably won't come back to life.

Btw it looks like a sago palm. I always see them in garden departments.

bummer!!

cheers for info chaps. I;ll see what happens when it warms up

I also have a money tree which I;ve had for 19 years and has a huge trunk but the frost caught that in a big way and I think thats a gonner!! so disappointed as I forgot to do my annual plabt move till it was too late :sad:

bummer!!

cheers for info chaps. I;ll see what happens when it warms up

I also have a money tree which I;ve had for 19 years and has a huge trunk but the frost caught that in a big way and I think thats a gonner!! so disappointed as I forgot to do my annual plabt move till it was too late :sad:

19 years!! How big is it?

I've got 2 money trees which I have owned for around 2 years each at the moment. Aiming to have at least one last for a long long time...

it WAS huge!! was being the operative word as I threw it away theother day. It was all rotten andhadfallen apart totallly destroyed by the frost. I loved that plant as well

The information is very interesting. It is new knowledge for me.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back