Is my new female guppy pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sarah0428

Reaction score
So i’m new to the guppy world, i exhausted myself with research, set up a new tank and brought home one male and two female guppies, My smaller female named oatmeal has a small gravid spot and seems to act normal, my other female, Ethel has a dark larger gravid spot however she was in an only female tank when i bought her, and she’s not very large in the stomach. She seems very territorial to Puddles, the male fish in the tank and won’t let him get close to her and she rubs on the thermometer a lot. I’ll try to get some photos and post them. What do you think? Sorry for the bad photo quality, she is the grey one, puddles the male is the green one.

I don't see any photo, but if she is rubbing her body against things, it could be a sign of illness. Please post a new photo and a short video of her. Also, what are your water parameters?

Hello and welcome to the forum, as @FishFinatic77 requested a photo and test results on your water would be very helpful. I started out with one male and 7 female guppies and now have a tank full of guppy fry. They breed like rabbits so if you want fry you will probably get them. The rubbing is more concerning do you see any white dots on them, signs of ick?

If there are any white spots it may be ich. What size is your tank?

If there are any white spots it may be ich. What size is your tank?
the tank is 10 gallons and i don’t see any white dots on her, i’m going to test the water today and i’ll update later

Hello and welcome to the forum, as @FishFinatic77 requested a photo and test results on your water would be very helpful. I started out with one male and 7 female guppies and now have a tank full of guppy fry. They breed like rabbits so if you want fry you will probably get them. The rubbing is more concerning do you see any white dots on them, signs of ick?
13AE43BD-F618-4BFF-A1D6-4BDB1C535A96.png

I don't see any photo, but if she is rubbing her body against things, it could be a sign of illness. Please post a new photo and a short video of her. Also, what are your water parameters?
i can’t figure out how to post a video,, sorry but here’s some photos, she is the grey one with the orange tail
CC365984-0741-4402-B403-A2061F4E6396.png
41223536-0DC8-4C84-A6A8-316C24519F12.jpeg

Upload the video to YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube.

Also, what are your water parameters?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back