Is my Molly pregnant? Or jsut fat?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Redtailedshark

Reaction score
Hi my molly has started to look much fatter and Iā€™m wondering if sheā€™s just eaten a lot or if sheā€™s pregnant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 41
Hi, it could be either way. My mollies look juuust like that even up to 24 hours after eating sometimes but then they poop it out and 'lose weight' ha. Your molly doesn't really look pregnant to me tho she's probably just full. When mine are pregnant they're usually a lot bigger and it's sides get fat as well. When mine are gonna burst so to speak they start to struggle with swimming a bit and for a while before they're gonna give birth they'll kinda just look straight up and sway a little side to side in place. If she's consistently fat and even keep growing then congrats!

Hi, it could be either way. My mollies look juuust like that even up to 24 hours after eating sometimes but then they poop it out and 'lose weight' ha. Your molly doesn't really look pregnant to me tho she's probably just full. When mine are pregnant they're usually a lot bigger and it's sides get fat as well. When mine are gonna burst so to speak they start to struggle with swimming a bit and for a while before they're gonna give birth they'll kinda just look straight up and sway a little side to side in place. If she's consistently fat and even keep growing then congrats!
Thank you!! Sheā€™s been that way for a few days so Iā€™m not sure, hoping for baby mollies but who knowsšŸ˜‚ will update!

Mollies are a bunch of lil fatties for real- hence one of my old gold dust lyretails literally being named Faddy šŸ˜‚ she was ALWAYS chunky for long periods of time and ate so darn much but was never once actually pregnant šŸ˜‚ looking forward to your update!

Like already been mentioned, it can go either way... And also know that not all female mollies do show a gravid spot. So, you can not check if eyes of fry are shining through. And in case of bloat or too many food, a female will look bigger than a male, for they have already a broader abdomen by themselves.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back