Is my molly: fat, pregnant, a balloon molly or something else?

akkacakka

Reaction score
20220818_223222.jpg
20220818_223225.jpg
20220818_223206.jpg
20220818_223201.jpg

Probably pregnant if there are males about

I have had her for about a month or so and there were males in the fish stores tank so maybe. Also considering the fact there was a baby molly a while back who was her colour and don't think it's eggnor's baby (she is the black small molly) or the clown loaches. Eggnor was a baby I raised and her siblings all died so has had no contact with males.

Female mollies can carry sperm packets from a previous mating and can use them to fertilise eggs for several months. Since your molly was in a tank with males at the shop it is very likely she is pregnant and looks as though she is near to giving birth. Then you'll have more fry a month or so later, then more, then more for quite a few months to come.
Any male fry which make it to maturity will mate with this molly, Eggnor and any female fry in the same tank resulting in even more fry. But the clown loaches will hopefully keep the molly fry population down.

That fish is taking on a squarish shape along the belly. When I bred mollies, it said babies were due very soon.

The other fish will be preparing for a picnic.

As already said, she's really pregnant...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back