Is My Mickey Mouse Platy Pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

platyman123

Reaction score
003-1.jpg

Does anyone know if this platy is pregnant. It's been going to the bathroom frquently, and has a swollen abdomn, with a blackish red spot, may be the gravid spot. Can faintly see it in the picture, but in real life, it is a very dark red and black. I seperated it just incase, if it is pregnant please let me know what to do and how far along she is.

003-1.jpg

Does anyone know if this platy is pregnant. It's been going to the bathroom frquently, and has a swollen abdomn, with a blackish red spot, may be the gravid spot. Can faintly see it in the picture, but in real life, it is a very dark red and black. I seperated it just incase, if it is pregnant please let me know what to do and how far along she is.
well wait a little longer and send the newest pic because it may have just gotten pregnant but did you just get it and did you have males? if so than the chances are very high she is pregnant and are you only feeding her a pinch of flakes if so and her spot is black and that red color than she is pregnant.

003-1.jpg

well wait a little longer and send the newest pic because it may have just gotten pregnant but did you just get it and did you have males? if so than the chances are very high she is pregnant and are you only feeding her a pinch of flakes if so and her spot is black and that red color than she is pregnant.
I got her about three to four months ago,and i feed her 2 pinches of flake food. Her spot has gotten darker, but she's still not fat, maybe it just takes time?

It takes about a month for them to give birth. She dosent look very healthy tho. If she is stressed she wont give birth. I bred platy before. Ask more if needed :good:

003-1.jpg

I got her about three to four months ago,and i feed her 2 pinches of flake food. Her spot has gotten darker, but she's still not fat, maybe it just takes time?
yah so maybe she is jut fat cause i have three platys and one has a dark red and black spot on her belly however i feed my fish a little to much :rolleyes: however if she has been pregnant looking for more than a month than she is just fat so yea i have only been successful with one baby who got stuck under my under gravel filter but i have an overflow and a bigger tank but i can try and put a pic of my platy who isn't pregnant....

I raised a platy from newborn to 3 inches long. I still have her too, she is beautiful! :good:

C

It takes about a month for them to give birth. She dosent look very healthy tho. If she is stressed she wont give birth. I bred platy before. Ask more if needed :good:
do you think she's sick? What should i do to help her with pregnancy?

again how long has she looked like this? if she is sick than find out what kind of disease it is and cure it but i also think she looks stressed so maybe its just stress..... but with pregnancy i guess you can just keep her from being stressed and let her do her thing. :unsure:

again how long has she looked like this? if she is sick than find out what kind of disease it is and cure it but i also think she looks stressed so maybe its just stress..... but with pregnancy i guess you can just keep her from being stressed and let her do her thing. :unsure:
ok, so everyone is in agreement, she is pregnant, probably just stressed, if so she will not deliver the babies right? Heres the newest pic of her, she looks alot better:)
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p631/platyman123/004.jpg

004.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back