The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish are friends

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
20210211_183314.jpg

20210211_185459.jpg

one of my dwarf Gourami's is acting a little strange and hanging out in the corners of the tank and doesn't even approach food. It seems a little fatter than the others which are acting normally. Could it be ready to lay eggs or possibly unwell.. No bubble nest visable. Sorry the second pic of a bit blurry, it was at the back of the tank

it looks maybe pregnant, or bloated

If the fish is doing a stringy white poop, it has an internal infection and will probably be dead within 24 hours.

If the poop is normal and coloured, then it is probably a female with eggs, however, they usually keep eating normally.

Unfortunately the said gourami died today. After googling it, I think it was dwarf gourami disease. ?

View attachment 128809
View attachment 128810
one of my dwarf Gourami's is acting a little strange and hanging out in the corners of the tank and doesn't even approach food. It seems a little fatter than the others which are acting normally. Could it be ready to lay eggs or possibly unwell.. No bubble nest visable. Sorry the second pic of a bit blurry, it was at the back of the tank
This looks to be a "Male" Gourami. Only Males have the bright colors where any female gourami that I have seen are almost grey in color!!! Gourami's are particular fish...if they get stressed, temperature ? change or even addition of other fish could upset their worlds!!!

This looks to be a "Male" Gourami. Only Males have the bright colors where any female gourami that I have seen are almost grey in color
with coral blue dwarf gouramis like the one in the picture, males and females are both blue. males have longer more pointed fins, females have shorter more rounded fins.

-------------------
that isn't the iridovirus

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back