Is My Fish Ill Or Just Fat? [+Hi Res Pics]

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The bloating is caused by an irreversable damage to organs (mainly kidneys) by bacteria or viruses. When it's a bacterial infection and it is cured by antibiotics, the organs won't recover. Sorry !!

Yes.. A couple of hours ago I used Eagle's quoted clove oil method, which seemed painless and didn't stress the fish.

Thanks for everyones help.

I'm sorry, but it was for the best.  I'm glad that method worked for you, but sorry that you had to use it at all.  I've done it once.  It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it wasn't additionally stressful because it did seem peaceful.

I'm so sorry.  
rip.gif
 I had a fish die from dropsy recently and it is really heartbreaking when you care about the fish.  Good luck with your other fish.

Thanks guys :)

The other gourami seems lively and well, as do the other fish.. Considering a few more days of melafix to be safe.. Then change water and filter. The fish will be glad to go back to flakes! Although I've learned a boring diet week in week out may not be great for them so I'll change up a bit.. They can have a tidbit tab soon and I'll see what else I can do.

Thanks again :)

Why are you going to change the filter?

Food options include: flakes, pellets (sinking and floating), peas, other vegetation (zucchini, cucumber, even sweet potato), algae wafers, frozen bloodworms, live bloodworms, brine shrimp, tubifex worms, etc.  

There's lots of choices.  You don't need to vary the diet too much, really.  Peas on occasion are good though.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back