Is my female gourami filled with eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Kerry260611

Reaction score
Hi is.my female gourami filled with eggs please iv defo got 2 males in there with her
20200210_213058.jpg

Attachments

• 20200210_213205.jpg
    20200210_213205.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 53
that's what my pearl gourami look like after they eat.

That is a female so I would say it is safe to assume she is full of eggs.

I wouldn't worry so much unless she starts to breed with one of the males, he would have to build a bubble nest and successfully attract her under it for her to embrace with him and release the eggs, in a community tank this is not very likely, and the eggs will definitely not last long if she did, she will not drop any eggs unless she is either breeding with the male or becomes egg bound in which case they will not hatch. Gourami breeding is quite long winded, if you wanted to see any chance of baby fish the pair would have to be separated into their own tank.

Aww okayy thank you at the moment shes always hanging around the Male I dont think anything will come of it because the other fish want allow it and I havent got a spear tank at the moment either

Forgot to ask where would the male gourami make a bubble nest so I can keep my eyes open just incase please

Forgot to ask where would the male gourami make a bubble nest so I can keep my eyes open just incase please
gourami builds bubble nest at the surface, if you have someting like floating plants in your tank the male will probably make a bubble nest there.

Awww should be okayy then due to not having any plants in my tank at all coz my male jade eye keeps moving them around the tank same with the gravel I havee brought some live floating ones not so long ago to help the female hide coz sometimes the male does chase for like crazy thank you

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back