Is my female electric yellow holding eggs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MrNiceKushBoii

Reaction score
Hey guys still quite new to the hobby and always interested to learn more just wondering would anyone know if my female electric yellow is holding egg she doesnt eat but still come up when I come to the tank and how would you tell if there fertile there is 2 males in their with them cause I did intend to breed them but this is the first time they have and when roughly should I separate her

Hey guys still quite new to the hobby and always interested to learn more just wondering would anyone know if my female electric yellow is holding egg she doesnt eat but still come up when I come to the tank and how would you tell if there fertile there is 2 males in their with them cause I did intend to breed them but this is the first time they have and when roughly should I separate her
F111BDF0-7947-430F-ABDC-834B888E64F5.jpeg

Looks to me like she’s holding eggs, you could take her out and gently rub her chin and she will spit eggs out, if she only spits a few out, she’s not ready, if she spits lots out then that’s fine. You then need to put eggs in a separate tank and can use an egg tumbler if you want or just an air stone near them

She looks like she has a mouthful. Leave her alone to incubate them. Don't chase her around or do anything, just let her be a normal mum. She will hold the eggs and babies for about 2 weeks (depending on temperature) before letting the babies out to swim around.

In tanks where electric yellow were the only fish, I had lots of fry grow to adulthood. But if it's shared space, then competition kicks in.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back