Is my betta sick?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

samaelmoretti

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Im new to the hobby and would like some advice regarding my Betta because she is turning white. She's been in her active self as usual though, no loss of appetite too. What should I do?
20200916_174641.jpg

Colour change is stress I would say, can you please post results of the following:

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

How long has your tank been cycled?

Colour change is stress I would say, can you please post results of the following:

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

Digital photo (include if possible):

How long has your tank been cycled?

Hello!

My apologies for the late reply. I tried doing methylene blue bath on a separate container (30mins) for a total of 12 days and it worked. The white spots disappeared but I'm still concerned since my main tank could be infected too. After adding her back in the main tank she's still stressed and keeps on glass surfing. :( I noticed that there's a pattern when she's glass surfing.

I am currently cycling my 10 gallon tank. I just learned about the cycling process after I bought my fish. She's with 2 neon tetras (added them first in my main tank then introduced my betta after a week) and water sprite plants. Im planning to add more tetras after cycling. I added 2 indian almond leaves just to darken and soften the water. I'll be removing the leaves after 2 weeks. I only added the plants including the IAL during the second week. I never used additives aside from anti-chlorine (for the water changes). The temperature is at 80°F.

I do 10% water changes after 2 to 3 days. It's been 2 weeks since I started cycling. My neon tetras don't seem to have any problems though. There's also a white thing growing on my plant's wrap. I first found this white thing on my air hose attached to the filter but I removed it. As for the other details, I still can't provide since I don't have a freshwater test kit yet :(
20200930_203641.jpg
20200930_215549.jpg

Last edited:
Test for ammonia levels in your water. That's the most common problem stressing bettas in my experience.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back