FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

fisharecool789

Reaction score
3EE00D3F-D657-4254-9BF4-69F482B830C3.jpeg i was feeding my betta this morning (i feed her blood worms every other day since thatā€™s what a lot of my friends who keep bettas suggested) and i noticed a weird white thing on her nose/head. iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s just part of her coloring (bc on her body scales she has scales that arenā€™t red) but iā€™m scared itā€™s an infection that could kill her. i attached a picture.. itā€™s the most focused one i could get the rest i took are blurry. i tried looking up things but i havenā€™t seen anyone have issues with just the bettaā€™s nose and everythin i can find about white spots is ich which she doesnā€™t have spots anywhere else on her just her nose:

She doesnā€™t look ill, she looked a little bloated, possibly from over feeding. :)

I hate contradicting PheonixKingZ but am I understanding that you only feed her every other day? From top view, she looks too thin. Bettas need to be fed daily. Mine are fed twice a day. She needs some good solid nutrition, not just bloodworms. Get her some New Life Spectrum betta formula or Omega One micro pellets and feed her several pellets 2 times a day.

No itā€™s fine! :)

Just from the picture (it could be the blurryness of it, now that I think about it.) she looks bloated. I feed my betta fish every day, but the Omega One Micro Pellets are the best betta food I know of.

Here are the nutrient facts...

Ingredients:
Salmon, Whole Herring, Wheat Flour, Whole Sulfate, Astaxanthin, Ethoxyquin (Preservative), BHT (Preservative), BHA (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate, Natural And Artificial Colors, Ascorbyl Monophosphate (Source Of Vitamin C), Niacin, Inositol, Folic Acid, Biotin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min) 42.0%
Crude Fat (min) 5.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 2.0%
Moisture (max) 8.5%
Ash (max) 8.0%

The crude protein is great, and the crude fat is minimal, which is great! :)

Omega One Betta Bits: https://www.petsmart.com/fish/food-... - Specialty&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=google

I copied the information from Petsmart.com, just so you could see the ingredients. :)

she also eats the food i feed my guppies which is the tetra tropical fish flakes (& i feed my guppies twice a day) however, i will make sure to get some betta pellets for her and feed her those. thank u everyone for the replies & help : ) ! keeping my fish healthy is very important to me

she also eats the food i feed my guppies which is the tetra tropical fish flakes (& i feed my guppies twice a day) however, i will make sure to get some betta pellets for her and feed her those. thank u everyone for the replies & help : ) ! keeping my fish healthy is very important to me
As long as she is eating twice a day itā€™s fine. I read your post as though you were only feeding every 2 days. Glad hear thatā€™s not the case.

Here are the nutrient facts...

Ingredients:
Salmon, Whole Herring, Wheat Flour, Whole Sulfate, Astaxanthin, Ethoxyquin (Preservative), BHT (Preservative), BHA (Preservative), Potassium Sorbate, Natural And Artificial Colors, Ascorbyl Monophosphate (Source Of Vitamin C), Niacin, Inositol, Folic Acid, Biotin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement
There's a few things in this food that fish cant use and shouldn't be exposed to.
Wheat Flour (and other grains) can't be digested by fish and is used as a filler and to help bind the other ingredients together.
Preservatives are always a concern and there are 3 of them.
Artificial colours can cause problems to fish and animals.

There's a few things in this food that fish cant use and shouldn't be exposed to.
Wheat Flour (and other grains) can't be digested by fish and is used as a filler and to help bind the other ingredients together.
Preservatives are always a concern and there are 3 of them.
Artificial colours can cause problems to fish and animals.
Oh, Lord! Here he goes again. It also contains salmon instead of fish meal and lots of great stuff. Omega One is a great product! Go play with your goblins for awhile!:rofl:

Last edited:
Or just go to the garden, and bury yourself, you are a worm right? :rofl:

Yes! What we would we do without you Colin? B-) (And your Goblins......) :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back