FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tygreenway

Reaction score
We have noticed the black spot on her belly which also looks a bit boxed-shaped (usually signs of pregnancy). She has been a bit aggressive with the other fish but staying particularly close to one of the other balloon mollies pretty much all the time. She has been staying close to the heater, but not hiding much. Based on that info and these pictures, what do y'all think? Is she pregnant? Or is it a male fish and we just can't tell haha

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 117
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 118
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 101
Can we get a pic from the side?

If she is not pregnant she soon will be, Mollies are like rabbits :wub: , I had more than my share of fry:fish:. They will overrun your tank if you let them. At least that was my experience. Good luck.

Yes she is pregnant, I will suggested not to buy these fish again because they are man made fish and their intestine are squished up in one placed. And also Welcome to the forum :hi:

Both mollies are female. Sometimes it's hard to tell with balloon mollies wether they're pregnant or not.
I myself am not a fan of this kind of molly. The way they're phenotypically bred is not something I encourage.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses, guys! We moved her over to an aquarium of her own to help reduce her stress if she is in fact, giving birth soon. Y'all asked for a couple more pics so here is another lot of pics that are closer up and different angles to give y'all a different perspective. Any more thoughts?

Attachments

• RVGcdEM.jpg
    RVGcdEM.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 117
  • FwDtWSX.jpg
    FwDtWSX.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 98
  • ZBa7Sn1.jpg
    ZBa7Sn1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 97
  • SATrto4.jpg
    SATrto4.jpg