Is mosquito larvae good for fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have this bucket outside with some plants from my fish tank and Thers mosquito lavae is alright if I feed it to my guppy’s.

Mosquito larvae are a pain if they survive to fly, but are the best food you could give most fish. It's what most eat in nature.

Your autocorrect wants to kill your fish though. Don't give them lava.
Yeah defenetly won’t give them lava. yeah I’ll feed them some then I didn’t even mean to have them they just appeared in a bucket

And what’s the easiest way to get them out of the bucket.

Just scoop them out with a net or just a cap. But if you want to keep the bucket filled with water but want to eliminated the chance of any mosquitoes laying more eggs, add some kind of lid.

Scoop them with a net. Some refrigerate them in a jar of water for a bit, so they don't keep developing until they are fed to the fish. My wife would kill me if I did that, but it is a trick used by some.

S
Scoop them with a net. Some refrigerate them in a jar of water for a bit, so they don't keep developing until they are fed to the fish. My wife would kill me if I did that, but it is a trick used by some.
k I’d it better if I freeze them then feed them

I am not a fan of T-Bone steaks. Apple pie though - yeah, it's good. I don't eat mosquito larvae though. I save it for the fish, who love it.

Don't freeze it but chill it.

I am not a fan of T-Bone steaks. Apple pie though - yeah, it's good. I don't eat mosquito larvae though. I save it for the fish, who love it.

Don't freeze it but chill it.
What’s chill mean. but I eat mosquito lavae.

Cool it down til; the larvae are not super active. This sounds cruel, but the fish like live food - hunting is part of it. We don't like to be hunted by mosquitoes, so slower growing larvae are the goal.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back