Is light important?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chauloom

Reaction score
I have neons, and i had been on holiday for the weekend. i came back, put the light on, and my bubbles , I noticed that all my fish looked dull.
There was one tigerbalm, that was in the plant looking dead. So i grabbed my net and poked it, it just floated down to the bottom, then after 10 seconds it started swimming weirdly, i then noticed that my neon tetras didnt have a red underbelly. So naturally i worried about them.
Then 15 minuets later i cam back the tigerbalm was swimming around happily, And the neons where back the their original colour. So all i could think of was the light.

So my question is do tropical fish need light to work?

Btw i came back in the morning and none of my fish where dead, so i know it wasnt a diease.

Thankyou for reading Chloe.

Sometimes when you switch the light on they are pale, and if you have been away without the light on for a while, it might of stressed them abit.

You probably startled them switching on the light, neons are paler in the dark anyway. When you switch on the light, make sure the room light has been on a while first, especially if the light has been off several days.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back