Is it worth it?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JakeKPO

Reaction score
Hello All! I have recently stumbled upon this amazing decor (Below) and it is ~$38 after tax it comes with the fake mopani wood and 3 fake moss balls that i will probably not use i have real ones and this big plant in the back it is all fake so i like it because im a newbie i have a Fluval Spec V 5 Gallon that its made for i think it would be an amazing scape let me know if i should pull the trigger or if you can find it cheaper
15556_packaging-400x400.jpg

Hello All! I have recently stumbled upon this amazing decor (Below) and it is ~$38 after tax it comes with the fake mopani wood and 3 fake moss balls that i will probably not use i have real ones and this big plant in the back it is all fake so i like it because im a newbie i have a Fluval Spec V 5 Gallon that its made for i think it would be an amazing scape let me know if i should pull the trigger or if you can find it cheaper
15556_packaging-400x400.jpg
Probably not worth it but its up to you :)

If you like it, sometimes it's better to buy it, as shopping around to try to save a few pennies is not worth hours spent browsing. For instance I buy lots off amazon, next day delivery, no browsing for hours or travelling to shops to que. up to you but do you get me.?

Honestly... it’s not worth it.

You can get a real piece of driftwood (maybe even bigger) for a little less than that. Go to your LFS, get some real plants and try to strike a deal on a nice piece of driftwood. :)

Yes, its not cheap.
Fake wood and plants are not cheap but their advantages are they don't bring any disease with them (safer to use), they won't change your pH, create tannin in the water and they are more lasting and wont break down easily.
But if they are nice and you have the money, then its ok.

Yes, its not cheap.
Fake wood and plants are not cheap but their advantages are they don't bring any disease with them (safer to use), they won't change your pH, create tannin in the water and they are more lasting and wont break down easily.
But if they are nice and you have the money, then its ok.
They also can looks very fake... Just from my experience, FLUVAL does a good job with making their decor look realistic.

If you like it, sometimes it's better to buy it, as shopping around to try to save a few pennies is not worth hours spent browsing. For instance I buy lots off amazon, next day delivery, no browsing for hours or travelling to shops to que. up to you but do you get me.?
I agree. Sometimes I just know I really want it and I buy it. It has to really hit me though. Other times I look for things and just can’t find what I have in mind. I’m older though. I scrimped and saved and did without so my 4 kids could have the things they need and wanted. They are all married now with kids of their own. This is kind of my time. :)

They also can looks very fake... Just from my experience, FLUVAL does a good job with making their decor look realistic.
Yeah, I wish I had known how you feel about decor before I sent you most of my stash. You never used any of it. I wish I had kept it for someone that really wanted it. :)

Yeah, I wish I had known how you feel about decor before I sent you most of my stash. You never used any of it. I wish I had kept it for someone that really wanted it. :)
What are you talking about? I use the rock formation in my 5g and the white cave thing sometimes in my 29g.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back