Is it safe yet ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
About 3-4 weeks ago I put a small freshly cleaned internal filter into my tank not to any benefit of the tank but for a small fry tank which is currently filterless ,
Question is will the small internal filter which has been in an established tank for 3-4 weeks be cycled and safe to just drop in the fry tank ?

I would say so, but make sure your fry tank has heaps of plants. 50% of the volume, make sure these critters happy.

I would say so, but make sure your fry tank has heaps of plants. 50% of the volume, make sure these critters happy.
They have been is a complete bare tank for 3 weeks it’s not big it’s about 30cm by 30cm but I have got my hands on a workable 2ft perspecs tub and plan on moving them over iv already placed hornwort with them because my tank water surface flow is just too strong for it I have some spare Marimo moss I can put with them but my main tank isn’t that planted to swap a lot over I have lots of artificial plants they could use and iv avoided any gravel due to no filter and being easier to clean debris up but do have some gravel I can put in

I always like to have gravel in my tanks and live plants, makes everyone feel more at home.
Good reason to get some more plants I guess , I just find them as expensive as the fish themselves and it bugs me lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back