Is It Possible To Transplant Anubias?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

damanax

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is it? 
sad2.gif

The reason I ask is that I have 2 anubias (not entirely sure what kind) attached to different pieces of driftwood in my 65l tank. I was wondering if it was possible to remove part/all of one from the wood it is on and attach it to another piece of wood in my 200l tank. Buying them not attached to anything isn't really possible though.

If it is possible, how would it be done? 

Thanks 
happy.png

Yes, you can either remove the whole plant and attach it with fishing line or superglue to it's new place, or you can cut the rhizome with at least 3/4 leaves on & make a new plant

This is the driftwood in question.

DSCN2279 (640x480).jpg

It's firmly attached to the wood but I don't losing the wood, it's pretty ugly. Would I need to worry about roots or anything? As long as I remove the rhizome with a few leaves attached it should be ok?

Anubias is pretty tough. Don't just reef it off lol, gently pull it off, loosening as many roots as you can, dont stress too much if some break off and stay on the wood

Ah thanks. I removed two pieces from this plant and attached them to the other piece of wood. Fingers crossed they take 
good.gif

Thanks for the help!

Oh trust me, they will take.
I transplanted many Anubias, at one point I split one in two, and one of the pieces had only two leaves. Today, this same piece has 6-7 of them ;)

Cool. Does anyone know how long it should take for them to attach to the wood? :)

Mine take ages to attach to wood.

Remember to soak your anubias for a couple days once cut before re-adding it to the tank, they can sometimes let off "juices" or "sap" or whatever you call it that can be toxic to fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back