Is it ok

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

melanie

Reaction score
i have seven platys in my tank and three swordtails the bloke that runs the fish shop up the road said these fish enjoy half cooked broccoli? and peeled cucumber? i would just like to check this is o.k. or is it one of these big myths mind you could it be vedgetable extract they are interested in! anything to improve my skills would be appreciated. ;)

A lot of fish will eat veg', some start to eat all the tank plants if they don't get enough greens.lol mostly you need to finely shred or chop them up. To be sure your fish will like them try a very small piece and ammount to start with. at the first couple of attempts they may not touch it but if they're hungry enough they should. if they don't eat it don't feed them anything else that day, eventualy they'll come round to thinking it's tasty enough. It's the same with introducing the fish to any new food. the first couple of times they may not go near it.

Hi Mel
What I have done to make sure my fish get their greens are two things: 1. Plant my aquarium like a forest without it obstructing the main view. Have a word with Rose, she's a whizz with plants. 2. I have purchased some Plant Chips from Vitakraft (your local store should be able to supply it,it is a food in chip form-rather like a large compressed green flake) and because I have some Bristle nose cats they enjoy TetraPlecomin. (tablets) This is again a plant extracted tablet food for fish.

I know my Pl*co's and Catfish love zuccini and cucmbers but i blanch the first

These a lot of Vegie fish out there. They eat a varietyof veg, most of which should be blanched first. Pees are good to but remember to that the skin off first :thumbs:

Ok,
I guess it's time to show my sense of humor... I know it'll open me up for all kinds of sh*t down the road, but I just can't let this go by...so here goes...

Davy..Pee's are good...especially after a night of boozing...

And as far as the "skin" being removed...well just use your imagination.

Larry

ha ha ha ha it all depends in the shape, mushroom, helmet or cyclops he he he. they are funny things what do yah think? and what is in the imagination is another thing!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back