Is it fine to make ammonia for cycling using fish popp and food

How long will it be if i add old filter media from one of my cycled tanks.
Oh now come on...we have been through this on your journal thread

Using old filter media will only kickstart the cycle it will not start and finish it quicker. There are NO shortcuts to aquarium cycling...NONE.

Stop trying to cut corners....PLEASE!!!!!

Oh now come on...we have been through this on your journal thread

Using old filter media will only kickstart the cycle it will not start and finish it quicker. There are NO shortcuts to aquarium cycling...NONE.

Stop trying to cut corners....PLEASE!!!!!
Ok, but why are people saying it only takes 4-6 weeks and that old filter media will make it faster. I cant just lisen to you, the whole point of forums is to hear EVERTONES opinion. Your the only one saying this out of many? I fell like u tricking me.

Honestly, and I do not say this often, I really do not think that you will ever be able to keep fish.

You have zero ability or wish to accept or follow the very basic advice and instruction being given to you, you try to cut every corner that you can without so much as a thought to what it does to your fish.

Fishkeeping is not easy. It is time consuming and it is expensive both financially and emotionally.

You might well be "obsessed" with fish but until you actually learn how to accept and follow instruction and advice you will NEVER be able to keep them or keep them safe, healthy or alive

Fish have all the same feelings as any other animal, they deserve to be kept properly and in the correct manner. If you are not prepared to do that, then I am sorry but you should not be keeping fish or even considering keeping them.

Honestly, and I do not say this often, I really do not think that you will ever be able to keep fish.

You have zero ability or wish to accept or follow the very basic advice and instruction being given to you, you try to cut every corner that you can without so much as a thought to what it does to your fish.

Fishkeeping is not easy. It is time consuming and it is expensive both financially and emotionally.

You might well be "obsessed" with fish but until you actually learn how to accept and follow instruction and advice you will NEVER be able to keep them or keep them safe, healthy or alive

Fish have all the same feelings as any other animal, they deserve to be kept properly and in the correct manner. If you are not prepared to do that, then I am sorry but you should not be keeping fish or even considering keeping them.
do u want me to send pics of the fish i currently have to prove i can look after fish. 1 of them is 3 and a half years old, his name is samuri. He is a veil tail betta. The other one about a year old. He is my bullied guppy, fu. My 8 cherry shrimp are about 6 months old.

Last edited:
do u want me to send pics of the fish i currently have to prove i can look after fish. 1 of them is 3 and a half.
OK...if you have fish already and "can do it"...why then are you always trying to cut corners and ignoring the correct advice from everyone here?

If you have thriving aquariums, you are not a newby at fishkeeping and you already know the cycling process and how long it takes and which fish you can mix as a community....

You do not come across as someone who knows what they are doing. You might have friends and family members with aquariums that have been through the various processes and have watched them take care of their fish properly...but that does not and will not make you experienced

You are giving yourself away in these threads...the lack of patience, the lack of ability to learn.....which is why on other sites you may have been considered as trolling cos fishkeepers are generally a very friendly and helpful bunch and we are passionate about keeping these wonderful creatures in the best evironment possible and we are more than prepared for all the hard work that entails. But when we come across someone who simply refuses to take the advice given or is flippant about cutting corners, well that usually ends up badly.

These are not "just fish"...they will not tolerate being badly cared for or people not bothering to process their aquarium properly due to ignorance or impatience. These stunning creatures look to us as fishkeepers to nuture them and to care for them, we are their guardian, their voice and when faced with those who cut corners and try to rush things, then sorry but you will be given a hard time until you finally realise that keeping fish is not a throwaway when bored hobby. It is a lifelong love of the animals in our care, and yes it has rough patches but when treated right, these fish are awesome creatures to be respected.

Sorry if the fact that fish need to be cared for much more than you assumed, but they do and we as fishkeepers will fight for them to be cared for properly and we might get a little short tempered with those seemly oblivious to the care that fish need by virtue of ignorance and basic "don't care", "don't want to do it right" attitudes.

OK...if you have fish already and "can do it"...why then are you always trying to cut corners and ignoring the correct advice from everyone here?

If you have thriving aquariums, you are not a newby at fishkeeping and you already know the cycling process and how long it takes and which fish you can mix as a community....

You do not come across as someone who knows what they are doing. You might have friends and family members with aquariums that have been through the various processes and have watched them take care of their fish properly...but that does not and will not make you experienced

You are giving yourself away in these threads...the lack of patience, the lack of ability to learn.....which is why on other sites you may have been considered as trolling cos fishkeepers are generally a very friendly and helpful bunch and we are passionate about keeping these wonderful creatures in the best evironment possible and we are more than prepared for all the hard work that entails. But when we come across someone who simply refuses to take the advice given or is flippant about cutting corners, well that usually ends up badly.

These are not "just fish"...they will not tolerate being badly cared for or people not bothering to process their aquarium properly due to ignorance or impatience. These stunning creatures look to us as fishkeepers to nuture them and to care for them, we are their guardian, their voice and when faced with those who cut corners and try to rush things, then sorry but you will be given a hard time until you finally realise that keeping fish is not a throwaway when bored hobby. It is a lifelong love of the animals in our care, and yes it has rough patches but when treated right, these fish are awesome creatures to be respected.

Sorry if the fact that fish need to be cared for much more than you assumed, but they do and we as fishkeepers will fight for them to be cared for properly and we might get a little short tempered with those seemly oblivious to the care that fish need by virtue of ignorance and basic "don't care", "don't want to do it right" attitudes.
Thats the exact reason i like fish keeping. Its not like card collecting were you just chuck them in a box and show them off to your friends, but in fish keeping you have a responsibility. I love scrubbing the glass, hauling buckets of fish water up and down the stairs and feeding them. Its kind of like an adventure. Its pretty obvious that people dont know my experience and they think this is my 1st tank. I do not remember saying im a beginner. I have been doing this hobby for years. The reason i dont know about cycling was because i was never told about it until you guys told me. Im very glad fu and samuri and the scavenger ninjas (the cherry shrimp) survived the cycle. I think im a begginer anyway, because i only got serious about it a few months ago. I dont think someone having some fish in a 3 gallon is real fish keeping. So im a begginer in a way, and experienced in a way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back