Is it even possible?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just been to the garden centre for a couple things for the fish tanks.
I happened to see a gorgeous pot of anthurium that I couldn't resist. Beatiful rich red.
I was thinking .......
Could it be placed on a homemade shelf on top of a tank, and is it possible to have the roots hanging into one of my tanks, rather than being in the pot it purchased in?
The room has a higher than normal humidity that apparently they need, plenty of light but not direct sunlight.

panco-1[1].jpg

I happened to see a gorgeous pot of anthurium that I couldn't resist. Beatiful rich red.
I was thinking .......
Could it be placed on a homemade shelf on top of a tank, and is it possible to have the roots hanging into one of my tanks, rather than being in the pot it purchased in?
The room has a higher than normal humidity that apparently they need, plenty of light but not direct sunlight.

View attachment 158230
I do not know the answer but that is a BEAUTIFUL plant!

I was thinking .......

View attachment 158230
The anthurium is an epiphythe, it likes to be attached to a substrate and absorb it’s moisture and nutrients from the air, just like an orchid.
so it will love to be above your aquarium for the humidity but never have it’s roots in the water.

Yeah, that really does suck. Daren't put it above the tank at all then in case a leaf drops off. Never mind it'll look good on my desk.

Yeah, that really does suck. Daren't put it above the tank at all then in case a leaf drops off. Never mind it'll look good on my desk.
Maybe if there is room NEXT to your tank you can put it there... I dont know if thats what you'd like

The plant, and your idea. reminded me of the poster @Lilyann who combined her passion for plants and tanks:

The plant, and your idea. reminded me of the poster @Lilyann who combined her passion for plants and tanks:

I forgot about her. Everything she ever posted pictures of was fantastic. We are all but one leaf of duckweed in a Dixie Cup compared to her.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back