Is it a bristleworm or fireworm???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Apwhite

Reaction score
Okay these things are so creepy but I think it’s a bristleworm…right? Not a fireworm? Need to confirm bc it’s lurking on my clowns anemone
6FEE2402-0C9F-4050-8738-077600387E13.jpeg

Could be a fire worm, which is a type of bristle worm, but it's a bit hard to tell. If in doubt, take it out. Lift the anemone out in a bucket of water and use tweezers or something to get the worm out of the anemone. Then put the anemone and water back in the tank and euthanise the worm.

It’s most likely a bristle worm (much more common). You want these I’m the tank they can a great part of the clean up crew

Okay these things are so creepy but I think it’s a bristleworm…right? Not a fireworm? Need to confirm bc it’s lurking on my clowns anemoneView attachment 158671
Bristle worm, I’m 99% sure. After having over 10 in my tank, I’m positive it’s a bristle worm. You can tell because bristle worms will have that section that is a darker color (usually brown/grey) and then their regular skin color near it’s head. (That red/brown color)

This is one I found in my tank a while back
10A021A3-7636-4319-94CB-FCF0DE3233C8.jpeg

If you enlarge the OP's picture, the worm appears to have a red body with white edges and that is characteristic of a fire worm.

There is an easy way to tell, grab it and see how much it hurts :)

If you enlarge the OP's picture, the worm appears to have a red body with white edges and that is characteristic of a fire worm.

There is an easy way to tell, grab it and see how much it hurts :)
Bristle worms have red bodies and white edges

Bristle worm, I’m 99% sure. After having over 10 in my tank, I’m positive it’s a bristle worm. You can tell because bristle worms will have that section that is a darker color (usually brown/grey) and then their regular skin color near it’s head. (That red/brown color)

This is one I found in my tank a while back
View attachment 158688
This is a nice example of a good guy bristle worm

This is a nice example of a good guy bristle worm
Indeed! After I caught him and verified that it was a bristle worm and not a fire worm, then I put him back in the tank. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back