Is it a bad idea ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Iā€™m currently keeping a pair of angels for a friends while he works away in my tank rather than mix houses to go feed them for him itā€™s only for a week and there no trouble but has made me think have I got room for another fish once they are back in his tank , currently my stocking is
3 electric blue acara
11 bronze Cory
8 Colombian tetra
4 geophagus
And a sailfin pleco
In a 5ft 500l
27c
1400lph filter ,
I want a green terror, donā€™t think I have room and not sure about compatibility I was think small around 2-3 inches to grow my self but once grown is it a bad idea , really not sure

what are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

green terrors will fight with the blue acaras.

watch the Columbian tetras because they are fin nippers and might chew up the angelfish's fins.

what are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

green terrors will fight with the blue acaras.

watch the Columbian tetras because they are fin nippers and might chew up the angelfish's fins.
I know itā€™s 5ft in length by 22inch by 30inch I think off the top of my head it calculates to 505l I did say to my friend that I canā€™t help it if his fish get a bit nipped , heā€™s ok with it as he said his one angel is a bit of a yano lol thatā€™s my thought about fighting but I was hoping by adding a baby it would grow to be ok rather than add an adult that will challenge straight away

I wouldnā€™t do an other cichlid in there how about some bigger characins like headstanders? Spotted, marbled or ternetzi would work nice

I wouldnā€™t do an other cichlid in there how about some bigger characins like headstanders? Spotted, marbled or ternetzi would work nice
I havenā€™t really looked at anything to be honest just thereā€™s a beautiful male green terror in the shop by me big dopey dome head the lot and Iā€™m hooked on him I know from a bit of research they are predatory and my luck with predatory fish hasnā€™t been great , just apart from my pleco all my fish are of an average size 5-6 inches and thought a Gt would be a great centre piece for my tank from my logic my breeding pair of eba will be fine as they are just a force together my geophagus are in a 4 and maybe as a collective they are not to be messed with .... my issue in thinking was Colombian tetra are they just future food lol Iā€™m after a wow fish if that make sense

What about some of the more peaceful cichlids if you want a larger fish? Blood parrots come to my mind but it could also be a total recipe for disaster too. There was a thread here recently of a BP with a texas chichlid in a community tank and basically everyone died/had to be rehomed. I don't remember the specifics but It didn't sound pretty. I do think your tank probably has room for more fish but probably just go a good bit of research and have a plan B in place if necessary, if you are going for a showpiece fish.

What about some of the more peaceful cichlids if you want a larger fish? Blood parrots come to my mind but it could also be a total recipe for disaster too. There was a thread here recently of a BP with a texas chichlid in a community tank and basically everyone died/had to be rehomed. I don't remember the specifics but It didn't sound pretty. I do think your tank probably has room for more fish but probably just go a good bit of research and have a plan B in place if necessary, if you are going for a showpiece fish.
You know when you have your mind set on something but everything thing is telling me donā€™t do it lol I tried an Oscar and that thing was just unreal , I donā€™t have a plan b , plan a was only in action because Iā€™m a big kid and that fish will bug the life out of me until itā€™s mine or sold lol

Didnā€™t you try a green terror before? They donā€™t usually end well. What about a thread fin acara?

Didnā€™t you try a green terror before? They donā€™t usually end well. What about a thread fin acara?
I did have one without knowing I had one of that makes sense I bought two fish both were small supposedly Jack Dempsey as they got bigger neither were Jack Dempsey lol , I have always wanted a threadfin or a Cupid , I want something big and beautiful but that normally means evil lol

Severums can be ok, if you get a young one and grow it up.
Have looked at a red spot severum and a standard blue acara I normally decide on visual in the shop but Iā€™m thinking of making my first online purchase so Iā€™m confusing myself on what to buy

Have looked at a red spot severum and a standard blue acara I normally decide on visual in the shop but Iā€™m thinking of making my first online purchase so Iā€™m confusing myself on what to buy
Check out my thread " Severums having fun "

Youtube videos are also helpful in getting a sense of how fish look while moving

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back