is fish pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jordannegiudici

Reaction score
I know I have posted this before but I can't tell if shes getting bigger when I am looking at her everyday, is she pregnant?

Attachments

• IMG_20200521_151124.jpg
    IMG_20200521_151124.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200521_151116.jpg
    IMG_20200521_151116.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200521_151112.jpg
    IMG_20200521_151112.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 69
Yes, she is pregnant and remember not to put her in breeder box as
it can cause stress to her, make sure there are a lot of hiding spot for her so she could feel more safer, anyway congratulation on being fishes’ parent :)

I agree. She is definitely pregnant.

I also agree on the breeding box. Never put a pregnant female in one. They can get very stressed.

Thanks I will need to do some research now ha, is this OK to put the fry in, do they need a filter as well?
41ahSfsorhL._AC_SY400_.jpg

A sponge filter would be best. Or a normal filter with the intake covered in pantyhose they at least need an air stone for oxygen. Remember if you save all of the fry your tank will quickly become overrun:)

You can use a fry net to but the fry in after they are born, Try and keep the fish well feed and they will be less likely to eat the fry but like @JuiceBox52 pointed out your tank may become overcrowded if you save too many fry. I have had this happen with guppies. :fish:

You can use a fry net to but the fry in after they are born, Try and keep the fish well feed and they will be less likely to eat the fry but like @JuiceBox52 pointed out your tank may become overcrowded if you save too many fry. I have had this happen with guppies. :fish:
Some local pets shops will take them for for money or store credit, or you can also sell them online. :)

OK so I thought I had at least a week to get everything in, so was a bit off the ball normally check her every morning but had a lazy morning this morning so was late checking on her, to discover there was 2 tiny things that i thought was poop at first then it just kept moving away then realised it was fry, so I have no idea when she started or if there's gona be anymore, how do I know If she's finished? If she's finished I take it they have eaten the rest

They can drop fry over several days

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back