Is Die Hard a Christmas Movie? The Debate Rages...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Is Die Hard a Christmas Movie?

• Yes

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I have never seen the movie, and my life is sadly lacking in explosions because of this.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
What debate? Of course it's a Christmas movie!

Just like this new hawkeye tv show(disney+) is probably going to be something people watch at christmas purely because disney made it and it's set at christmastime

Diehard is great btw go watch it.

Nope. (In fact, if I remember correctly it came out in the summer.) There's a dead Santa and some Christmas decorations but no holiday theme. Also, "Home Alone" - not a Christmas movie.

One of the best Christmas movies: Elf.

Nope. (In fact, if I remember correctly it came out in the summer.) There's a dead Santa and some Christmas decorations but no holiday theme. Also, "Home Alone" - not a Christmas movie.

One of the best Christmas movies: Elf.
GHASP! HERESY!(joking)

I get your point but still, come on. It's a christmas movie

Also, "Home Alone" - not a Christmas movie.
Waddaya mean not a christmas movie. I get your point about Diehard but Home Alone? That's pushing it. At least Home Alone has christmas themes, such as trees, family, presents, not being greedy/wanting for much, etc etc. Surely you concede home alone is a christmas movie.
It's also a classic.

Waddaya mean not a christmas movie. I get your point about Diehard but Home Alone? That's pushing it. At least Home Alone has christmas themes, such as trees, family, presents, not being greedy/wanting for much, etc etc. Surely you concede home alone is a christmas movie.

Yeah, I guess I can concede that. (Hate that movie, though.)

What about "Gremlins" as a Christmas movie?

Never seen Diehard so can’t contribute in that aspect! But I did want to say that @Tacocat I think that it has been really fun to see Marvel do something set around Christmas

and @otterblue Elf is the best

Whilst Die Hard is a classic action packed movie set around the Xmas holiday, it is not a typical Xmas movie, which are feel good movies about people enjoying the holiday season and catching up with past loves and family members.

Die Hard has Xmas, but also has lots of blood, gore and violence and this takes it out of the category of Xmas Movies and puts it in action/ adventure.

If you wanna argue about it, I will tell Santa to put you on his naughty list and you won't get anything for Xmas. :)

Whilst Die Hard is a classic action packed movie set around the Xmas holiday, it is not a typical Xmas movie, which are feel good movies about people enjoying the holiday season and catching up with past loves and family members.

Die Hard has Xmas, but also has lots of blood, gore and violence and this takes it out of the category of Xmas Movies and puts it in action/ adventure.

If you wanna argue about it, I will tell Santa to put you on his naughty list and you won't get anything for Xmas. :)
Blood, gore and violence sounds like every one of my childhood Christmas's. Things got better when I took control of my life.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back