Is De Night Time De Right Time?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you enjoy watching your fish at night (by low or moon light)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! Some fish are interesting with the lights off.

• Total voters

noelberg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just wanted to see who else likes to view fish at night. My bettas start flaring and "dancing" like crazy when their tank light first goes off, and I like turning on the bathroom light to make it just bright enough to see my pl*co without startling him :ninja:

its relly interesting watching my fish in te night because they do all kinds off differnet stuff, although they mainly sleep :lol:

I've turned off every light in my room and searched for my pleco with a flashlight. It doesn't work very well though. :rolleyes:

I see my albino Cory's all day and night, but even with tank lights off they are still very visible from a distance.

I do like to see the peppered cory's come out at night, they are a bit shy during the day.

The Gibbicep is more active during the night also, but neons and harlequins are asleeep.

I have noticed that they all are more active when the light is on in the tank, but it is dark in the room, as they only see a reflection rather than great big me.

But I like sitting watching my tank morning noon and night.

Arfie

*Sigh*

I think it's an interesting poll. :dunno:. However, I have to sy I don't watch my fish at night because they go to sleep and don't do anything! also it's hard to see black fish against a black background when the light is off.

I did once turn the light on at night cos I had reason to beleive they might be ill and I wanted a closer look and all their colours had gone, it was terrifying. :crazy:

Most of my fish loose there colour when the lights go out

But My plec quite often does a bit of opera singing at the front of the tank - Which is always amusing!!!

My fish are immediatly different when the lights go out. If I am in the room they go out to the surface and wait for food. but as soon as the light turns off and they can't see me (so this only happens at night) they act as they do when no one is around (or can't see me watching them) They start coming out from hiding, and chasing eachother and having a grand ole time. I really want to put a moon ligt in there to make it easier to see them, but I can't just yet

I like looking at my fishies after the main lights have gone off - my suckie boys (plecs) come out and play, as do the dwarf barbs, and everything looks cool and mysterious!! As you can see I have blue LEDs, also getting some green ones to make the plants look less 'alien'

Sarah :hyper:

my fish are all boring at night! they just sit there on the bottom with really weird coloring and they dont move, sleepy heads!

SarahBravo said:
As you can see I have blue LEDs, also getting some green ones to make the plants look less 'alien'

Sarah :hyper:
Wow, those LEDs look fantastic - where did you get them from and how much did they cost?

I like to watch my fish with the lights out too. Big Jif, our royal panaque, comes out from behind his bogwood and starts scurrying around the tank hunting for food. I'm surprised the other fish manage to sleep with this 8 inch monster wrecking the place! :lol:

Our coffee and cream pleco likes to come out too - he's very shy and scuttles away if he spots you watching him.

My Bettas Do Alot of Flaring when the Lights go Out.

The Rest Of my Fish - Dunno Never sat and watched them in the dark.

Will have to Try it Now

The night is of course the only time I get to see my 2 plecs that never are seen in the day.
The Medusa and the Peppermint are always in the same spot during the day while the Bristle and clown scurry around eating and cleaning. In the night is when the big boys come out to play. They are still get scared easy, you almost have to wait 4 hours after lights are out to see them come out.
This is also the time when the banjo catfish un-burries himself to come out and play.
Why do all the cool fish come out in the dark............?
Stupid Nocturnals! :rofl:

I love watching my fish at night, some of my fish are extremely nocturnal and watching them with the lights out is the only way i get to see them.

A added bonus is that my son recently recieved a pair of night vision goggles for his birthday (wonder who could have got him those :whistle: ) which allow me to see the fish much more clearly and led to me making a amazing discovery just last night, one of my moray eels turns a luminesent orange at night for some strange reason, i can only presume it so that others of their own kind can identify them in the dark.

On a more serious note i have noticed that their were a few unpleasent posts in this topic, i have removed them to the moderators forum pending further decision on what should be done about them but take this as a warning that further unpleasentness will not be tolerated.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back