Is AquaBid legit?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I am looking at maybe purchasing some Gulf Coast Pygmy Sunfish off AquaBid. Is AquaBid a safe, legit site? Obviously the sellers are individuals, but is there any reason to avoid it? Thanks!

Aquabid is a good place to sell and buy. as long as the seller has good ratings then go ahead and try it out. Many people buy pond fish and cold water fish off of that site.

Ok, great! The seller with the sunfish has good rating from 2019, but no ratings (good or bad) recently. Would it be unwise to go ahead?

Ok, great! The seller with the sunfish has good rating from 2019, but no ratings (good or bad) recently. Would it be unwise to go ahead?
If you're looking for sunfish, maybe try something local first? Someone around you is bound to have some for sale.

If not, this guy should be ok to buy from. I've bought from sellers on eBay (not fish, but still) that had their last rating placed in 2018, no issues.

If you're looking for sunfish, maybe try something local first? Someone around you is bound to have some for sale.
How would I find something locally? My LFS doesn’t carry them, I don’t know where else I would look… They don’t seem to be very common. I know they are very easy to breed snd very easy to care for. My hope is to be able to provide them to my LFS to sell becuase as far as I can tell, there aren’t any available in my area.

How would I find something locally? My LFS doesn’t carry them, I don’t know where else I would look… They don’t seem to be very common. I know they are very easy to breed snd very easy to care for. My hope is to be able to provide them to my LFS to sell becuase as far as I can tell, there aren’t any available in my area.
Facebook group, pond store, Craigslist, etc. Just look around. You may not find anything, but it’s worth a shot before you buy online.

Unlike the bargains I was hoping to find- everything on aquabid is top dollar. That's before you add high shipping for things that need to be kept warm and get there fast.
UK.APS Has great deals on tropical plants...until you realize nothing can be imported. They could be free and still no deal.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back