Is Anyone Bored?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LauraFrog

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I've just gotten parts of my website online. There is a LOT of content still to be written. So far a lot of what I've done is in the betta section, which is why I thought I'd ask you guys to check it. Housing bettas is online, as is betta myths (read this if you've been stung - that bit) and the aggression explained article. None of the rest of it's up yet. if you wanted a look around, there are some pages online in the beginner's corner. Most of it is still missing, the vast majority of pages will return a 404 error, this is a work in progress!

http://bestfinforward.fh50.com/bettas.htm

What a great site you have going so far! I didn`t get to all of it, but I did read about the betta myths and who created them, etc.... should be very enlightening to anyone who doesn`t already know about all those things. You definitely have wonderful writing skills (and after reading your "about me" page, I`m sure you don`t need me to tell you that!) :)

I just have to say it, I can`t help myself.....

I can NOT believe you`re only 15!!!!!!!!! You are one talented girl who is definitely going places!!!! Congrats on the site. :)

Errrrm.....

Ok, I'm not that computer literate, but I just loaded the site and got a message from Norton saying it wasn't safe as it contains 2 trojans.

Anyone know if it's safe for me to look at it? I've exited it for now, and I'm running a Norton scan to be on the safe side!

Store I doubt... maybe when I'm older but I doubt my parents would like me running it from home.

There's a problem with some security programs because it's a free hosting service, and somebody else set up a site on there that was a phishing site (fake paypal) and contained viruses. It's long since been removed by the administrators of fh50, but there's still warnings up - mcafee site advisor gives me trouble with it as well. I'm trying to sort it out but I don't really know how to go about it. The warnings are applied to the entire site fh50, even though some of its sites (like mine) are safe.

the site is fine for me no trojans or anything mate

great stuff there ive learnt something about fighters from it already its good that someone is making people aware of these thing like me and my gf are trying to give people the knowldge about turtles as we keep a 8 year old 13" yellow belly slider and alot of shops sell other turtles that look simular as ybs and they get abit bigger so they end up getting dumped in local ponds or just left to roam around because people just dont do there research into buying/looking after ect ect so i think this is a good thing your doing

If I was you, I would make the website on piczo, then get the free host ".tk" so you could have it like www.laurafrog.tk and piczo is very easy to use.

I just took a brief look... there's a problem with the site in approachability.

You may be passionate about the rights of bettas, but you need to know that the majority of your audience is not. If you immediately present your site as a "contrary to popular belief" site (the main page currently does that), it isn't very appealing to people who don't know this. It just makes them feel bad.

You should organize your site and information more along these lines:

Home page: I love bettas, here you can find out how to properly care for bettas so you can enjoy these beautiful fish!
Care page: They can't be in cramped quarters, need a heater, etc.

This presentation is more appealing to most people... when you immediately go off on a rant about how it's cruel and terrible to keep bettas in vases and they are the same as other fish, you bore people and they dismiss you as some crazy fish loving lady and will probably not read the rest of your site.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back