Is 15 gallons worth it?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

superstarburza

Reaction score
Hi!

Would love for some opinions! I have a 60-gallon tank that has been home to a 12" Oscar, 5" Parrot, 6" Frontosa, and a 4" Peacock for about four years now. I have recently been given a 75-gallon tank by a friend, but is the move for only 15 gallons worth it? I have always wanted to give them more room, but I never wanted to be a 90-gallon kinda gal.
smile.gif

sure...bigger IS better. And then - you'll have an excuse to buy more fish for the empty 60 gallon ;)

I believe 60 gallon tanks ae 48x12x25, and 75 gallons are 48x18x21. I would say the move would be worth it, not for 15 gallons,, but for that extra area, floor space wise!

I will suggest that for the fish your have a 75 is still not big enough.
An aquarium with base dimensions of 60 ∗ 24" is just about large enough to house a single adult with larger quarters required for a pair or group.
60 x 24 = 5 x 2 ft. for a surface area of 10 sq ft. A 75 is 7.2 sq ft.

I would suggest for keeping your fish longer term you should have at least a 150 gal. (72 x 18")
https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/astronotus-ocellatus/

Here is the recommendation for frontosa:
Dimensions of 95 ∗ 24 ∗ 24" or equivalent are the minimum necessary for long-term maintenance, but greater width, and particularly depth are highly recommended.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back